Saturday, June 8, 2013

Hummingbirds and Coyotes


This is my hummingbird.
My little pet.
That egg is the size of a very small jelly bean.
Everytime I go sit on my front porch,
I feel as if I might get my eyes
impaled with the momma hummingbird's
horn or stinger or whatever it is.
She gets all aflutter when we are near her baby, 
but I couldn't help myself.
Had to snap this pic.
Can't wait until the other twin decides to join us.
-Hope it isn't a dud :( 

We went on a new hike today, Coyote Hollow, via Clark's trail.
It is a beautiful little hike right behind the Draper temple.
I am so happy that I have 2 children that aren't working and can
come on adventures with me.



We tried a selfie with the temple in the background.
We suck.



CUTE X 1 million!
Love her.
She is my trooper.
She is the one child of mine who loves hiking as much as I do.
We are already planning our next hike.
With no whiners allowed!



Luke insisted on being the leader.
Such a cute boy.
He was counting the steps until we got to turn around 
and head back down.
Not really his cup of tea.


I love this photo because it captures the very essence of my children.
Sadie said she could see our house.
Luke had to argue with her that "NO YOU CAN'T! SADIE"
"YES, I CAN!"
"NO, YOU CAN'T!
Said over and over and over.
I wondered if I just let them continue, how long would they go??
After about 10 cycles of YES, then NO..
I lost my will to live and yelled at them to STOP.
AAhh.. the peace and quiet of the great outdoors.


Sadie gives this trail a thumbs up!
Luke is just glad it is over...

Another selfie with my crew + the temple.




1 comment:

Em said...

Call me! I want to go hiking with you this year, and I need someone to motivate me to get out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews