Thursday, January 13, 2011

Attention!! Attention!!


I really have nothing to say, other than, I am not dead, nor is my husband.

You may wonder why this deserves attention.

Let me tell you.

I love my husband. There are a million reasons why, but I am not NieNie and will not get all gushy about all of the wonderful things he does everyday.. (Not to say that I don't love my NieNie, because I do.)

However, I am StayStay. Yes, that is my new blogging name. StayStay. Kind of like a really firmly placed maxi pad. I am StayStay and Mr. Ashby (Todd) is lucky to be alive.

My husband has been sick, as you may know. You may also know that I have been his caregiver. Now I thought I could handle this, but there are 3 things against me.

1. My husband is a Man (thus very stubborn)

2. My husband is an Ashby (thus the most right of anyone ever!)

3. My husband is a Physician's Assistant (thus all knowing)

Those 3 things have given me some CRAZY moments recently. And by crazy, I mean, literally- crazy!! Do you know what I mean when I say crazy?? Picture crazy hoarding cat lady and then give her some crack cocaine and have her not sleep for a few days.. CRAZY! Poor Mr. Ashby, that is all I have to say. He thought I would be like the loving Florence Nightengale, instead he got that crazy character in that movie..What is it called? Oh yes, I remember- MISERY, starring Kathy Bates. Have you seen it? If not, I invite you to our home to pull up a chair and you will possibly get a re-enactment of that fabulously uplifting piece of cinema.

So, I may not be cut out to be a nurse. Especially to my husband. Who is a man. Who also is an Ashby, who is also employed in the medical profession. He deserves better, he deserves much better.

However, he is stuck with me. Because I am StayStay.


This is a photo of me bringing my husband some freshly squeezed lemonade.
I know, I am heaven.

This was snapped as I was lovingly shaving my Mr. Ashby's face.

I am a gentle soul.


This was taken after I had made some fresh warm breadsticks.

Right after I removed the breadstick from the oven, I remembered I had target practice, thus the gun.

This is my method of positioning my husband's legs for supreme comfort at night.

This is such a tender snapshot at the end of our day.
I am securing him, oh so very gently, so he doesn't fall out of bed.

I apologize to Mr Ashby for my failings as a caregiver.
I didn't realize I would want to kill you as you struggled to get well.
You know that I love you and that I would do anything for you.
Even bring you freshly squeezed lemonade.

Really people. Don't call Adult Protective Services.
I am kidding, it is what I do.

And Todd, I do love you so much and I am happy you are getting better
so you can get back to taking care of me and the kids and your patients and your extended family..
You are a wonderful person and I am proud of all of your efforts to get well.








5 comments:

Sara said...

ha! ha! i am laughing! i know for me personally that there is absolutely nothing worse than when my hubby is sick. heaven help us.

wendy said...

Where can I purchase some of these STAYSTAY brand maxi's? I have to teach Sunday School in a couple weeks;)

kwgirl said...

Ok STAYSTAY, you are cracking me up!
ALL men are poor patients, sorry, definitely true. So nice to see such tender pictures of the two of you:)
ROFL...please keep this up!

cindy said...

I am LAUGHING!!! You are one clever sta-sta!!

Jenell said...

I think that just might be my new, favorite post ... yes, I have favorites. If they make me laugh out loud, they are on the list! At one point, I thought I would like to be a nurse...then I married Brett and he got sick, oh so sick...then I decided I didn't like being a nurse! Why does sickness in men require that the "stubborn dial" be turned to High?! Thank you, Stay-Stay, for allowing your personal trial of caregiver of said husband, to be used for my personal amusement!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews