Monday, May 24, 2010

HELP


It is fitting that on this, my 200th post, I am a mess.  A HOT mess, as they say.  
I can't seem to get my head above the water... 

Holy cow, mothering is hard at times, and today, I wasn't very good at it and I always hate days when I feel like I could have done better, but I just couldn't muster up the energy to actually do better. 

To you mothers out there, I ask, how do you get through those days when it seems like the goal of each of your offspring is to drive you completely and utterly insane?  When it seems as if there is NO REST for your weary mind?  

What to do besides go in a closet and hide behind some clothes or sit on the toilet for an extra 15 minutes just to get a little peace... Why are some days so much harder than others? Boy, I am a HOT mess.  

I am sure you are saying to yourself "That Stacy! So dramatic!"
I bet even one or two of you may be clucking your tongues in disapproval.
I would venture to say that some of my dearest readers are shuddering at my 
honest assessment of my crappy day
"What could possibly have driven Stacy to this point?"

LET ME TELL YOU 

IT'S CALLED
"HEY MOM I LOST MY LEARNERS PERMIT AND MY STUDENT ID 
AND I REALLY NEED AN ID THIS WEEK!" SO WE NEED TO GO TO THE DMV TODAY!!

IT'S CALLED 
WAITING IN LINE AT THE DMV 
WITH MY TWO HUNGRY, TIRED TODDLERS AND MY FABULOUS TEENAGER
AND SEVERAL HUNDRED OTHER SMELLY, NOT-SO-PLEASANT PEOPLE

OH, AND IT'S ALSO CALLED
OTHER TEENAGER IS GETTING BRACES OFF AND IS CALLING ME 
WHILE I AM AT THE DMV SAYING
"WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO PICK ME UP
BECAUSE I GOT DONE 30 MINUTES EARLY?"

AND..
"MOMMY, I AM HUNGRY AND WANT OLD MACDONALD'S RIGHT NOW, NOT SUBWAYS!"

AND..
BREAKING UP A FIGHT BETWEEN TWO ABOVE TEENAGERS.  FIGHT IS OVER AN IPOD SPEAKER SET AND FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I WANTED TO TAKE IT AND THROW IT INTO THE ROAD AND BACK THE CAR OVER IT SEVERAL TIMES 

AND..
"MOMMY, YUKE TICKED ME IN MY YIP AND IT WHEEWY HUWT!"

AND..
SITTING DOWN TO DINNER AND LUKE SAYING "I NEED TO GO POTTY" 
HELPING HIM WIPE, WASHING HIS HANDS, DRYING HIS HANDS, SITTING DOWN AND SADIE SAYING "I NEED TO GO POTTY TOO" 
SMILING KINDLY, HELPING HER WIPE, WASHING HER HANDS, DRYING HER HANDS AND SITTING DOWN TO EAT AND THEN 5 MINUTES LATER SADIE SAYING,
"MY TUMMY HURTS SO BAD, I THINK I NEED TO POOH NOW"

AND DON'T FORGET,
SNOWING, ON MY FLOWERS, ON MAY FREAKIN 24TH

I NEED A STIFF DRINK AND A SLEEPING PILL....
I guess I'll settle for a diet coke and some benadryl.  Such is life.

Do not even judge me unless you have ever gone to the DMV with 2 toddlers and a teenager
I mean, I just typed a whole page in caps... doesn't that mean anything to you???

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hang in there mama. I'm right there next to ya! Sans teenagers. I cannot even go THERE!!!

shortandsweet said...

Hey, I was at the DMV too, but I didn't see you...just another mother with toddlers who was having a difficult time...and lots of teenagers. At least you lived to tell about it.

nielsons*love*family said...

i say duct tape! lots of it--tape them to a wall in the basement! LOL.

first of all the DMV SUCKS!
well, i guess i don't need any "second of all's"--cuz REALLY that covers everything!
and we ALL have those days...

cindy said...

I feel...dare I say...a little comforted to know I'm not alone in my days of being overwhelmed. I embrace your honesty and share your "pain." :)

Keely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews