We stopped at one of the typical scenic stops, the Halona Blowhole.
We watched it for a few minutes, but were unimpressed.
But as we were getting back in our car we spotted this little hidden beach
just a short hike down from the parking lot.
It looked so beautiful and fun, but we were on a mission to see
(sounds like a Harry Potter destination...)
so we didn't hike down.
But, we did admire it for several minutes.
And oohh and aaahh.
Then, of course, we snapped a selfie.
Did you know that I love Hawaii?
I don't know why.
I just love it.
I could sit on the beach and listen to nothing but the water for hours.
The only thing that would have been better is to have
a fresh Pina Colada hand delivered to me every hour by
Adam Levine.
(Shh.. Adam's feeling tired from bringing me drinks all day)
(Shh.. Adam's feeling tired from bringing me drinks all day)
Oh.. Adam, just sit down and rest a while by me in the sun.
You will feel better momentarily.
I know I feel better already.. ;)
Yes, I am delusional.
A girl can dream can't she..
Actually, the only person that is better at servicing me at the beach
belongs to that big foot on the left of the picture below.
No, it is not the un-named Hawaiian Sasquatch of Lanikae beach,
'tis my dear sweet husband of 20 years who is the
only man I know who could out-sexy Adam Levine.
Even with those feet, he out-sexy's Adam.
The longer I look at this picture the more horrified I become!
I just realized that not only is that not Adam Levine's foot.
But it is not my dear husband's foot.
It is my sister-in-laws foot.
Ruined.
Ruined.
I am ruined.
You will feel better momentarily.
I know I feel better already.. ;)
Yes, I am delusional.
A girl can dream can't she..
Actually, the only person that is better at servicing me at the beach
belongs to that big foot on the left of the picture below.
No, it is not the un-named Hawaiian Sasquatch of Lanikae beach,
'tis my dear sweet husband of 20 years who is the
only man I know who could out-sexy Adam Levine.
Even with those feet, he out-sexy's Adam.
The longer I look at this picture the more horrified I become!
I just realized that not only is that not Adam Levine's foot.
But it is not my dear husband's foot.
It is my sister-in-laws foot.
Ruined.
Ruined.
I am ruined.
Carrying on..
We saw many green sea turtles this trip.
We saw them up close while swimming at Aweoweo Beach.
We probably watched over a dozen at that particular beach..
We saw one basking in the sun at Laniakea Beach.
I videoed one coming out of the sand.
It made me exhausted just watching how much work it was for them to move
onto the land from the water.
It reminded me of Sophie.
And myself, after a workout.
Which.. let's be honest.. doesn't happen much anymore.
I am still on ALOHA time!
This turtle looks huge
because it is huge!
There were some completely "special" people at this beach-
total losers that were trying to catch the turtles and make the
turtles pull them along as they swam.
The woman was swimming in a bra and some spanx-type shorts.
And even with wet hair I could tell she had a really bad hairstyle--
maybe even 90's bangs,
Many of the people on the beach were disgusted by them,
but like most "special" people,
they cared not, or noticed not.
Too busy antagonizing one of my favorite animals, EVER!
At this beach we also watched a local do some fishing for dinner with some sort
of a sling shot spear type weapon.
It didn't take him long--came back with this really long skinny fish that looked like a pencil.
I should have asked to borrow the spear and speared the dumb lady and her live-in



2 comments:
what a cute big turtle and what stupid people. the sound of the waves in your video makes me want to go back. love you Oahu!
I'm dying!!! Cannot even imagine seeing/watching a sea turtle. I, too, love them!!! A bucket list item: seeing baby sea turtles hatch and head for the ocean.
Post a Comment