This dream is REAL.
REAL, I tell you!
Lanikai Beach.
One of the most beautiful, white-powder beaches that you would ever hope to visit.
It has changed a lot since last time I visited 10 years ago.
There was about 4 of us on the beach back then.
As you can see by my pics and videos, there was about
400 people on the beach the day we went.
Still love it.
Just wish it would have maintained it's secrecy a bit better.
The islands in the picture are called Moks.
I think that is Hawaiian for "island" or maybe I made that up..
This is some of the crew chillaxing at the beach.
While Chillaxing on the beach, I spotted a familiar face.
Oh yes.. yes it was a movie star.
Well, not really a movie star but a TV star.
It was Desmond from "Lost".
You remember Desmond.. the guy who punched in the numbers
so the island wouldn't blow up?
I thought it was super dee duper cool that I saw a star.
No one else cared.
(Desmond is the one in the white tank top, or "wife beater" as we call it)
He lives in the town, Kailua, right next to this beach.
I hate him..
Some of the crew getting ready to paddle to the Moks.
This is the view from the Moks.
We are looking towards Lanikae beach where we left our loved ones.
The Moks are a sanctuary and you have to have a permit to land on them.
So pretty.
I wish I would have had my good camera.
The island to the left is one of the Moks.
We are standing on the other.
Just to the right of center is Lanikai Beach.
After paddling to the Moks, we decided to paddle to another island that is also
a bird sanctuary.
We were the only ones on this island.
In the picture below, you can see the Moks that we had just been.
Check out the paddle boarders.
It was fun to watch them paddle out to the surf that
was created coming around this small island.
Below is a view of the geography of the bird sanctuary island.
In the distance is the island called Rabbit Island.
Can't go to it, or we probably would have!
I love some of the filters on my Iphone.
See below.
Goodbye, Dear Lanikai.
Until we meet again in my dreams.



1 comment:
Lanikai...oh my Lanikai, how I love you!
Post a Comment