Monday, May 13, 2013

Spitting Caves of Portlock

This is majorly hidden gem.
I was totally proud that we found it (an amazing app "Waze" made our entire trip and getting around soo easy- you should totally check it out, fellow travel and Iphone junkies..)

The hike down was a bit sketchy for some in our group, but the views were totally spectacular and worth the effort.

There were no jumpers when we were there, but I have read that people jump off the cliff into the waters at the mouth of the Spitting Cave. Completely crazy if you ask me. It looks like a suicide jump, but.. to each his own.

The immense power and beauty of the ocean takes your breath away at this spot. Very humbling, but also very peace-inducing. I would come here often if I lived on the island. Which I don't, and yes, I am bitter.








Video of some spitting at the cave.
It is not the hugest spit, just a little spittle, but nonetheless
I was glad I caught it on video.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews