Thursday, February 19, 2009
Luke's stitches
so luke might be accident prone (sort of like his mother).. He loves to run around naked after he gets bathed..I think it is precious, except when the stinking dogs are in the house and then it is just sick and wrong because Masher loves to lick his bum and private part...umm, yes... Luke thinks it is funny and it tickles so he stops, drops and rolls while Masher proceeds to treat his "special places" as if they were covered in gravy..soo nasty. So on Saturday, Luke had just gotten his bath (he was clean for approximately 4 seconds) and he escaped from his towel and started running from the sick pig dog. As he ran by me I feebly called out to him to stop running and come get dressed ("Don't let that dog lick your butt!" is really what I said) he sort of tripped or slipped and fell right into the lamp table. He hit so hard, I was scared to look at him. I grabbed him up and started yelling for Todd. Needless to say, we ended up at Primary Children's ER for stitches (3 in his lip and 5 on his chin). His teeth cut up the inside of his mouth, poor little monster. Todd had an anxiety attack watching someone else stitch him up.. we thought it would be best if Todd could just be Dad and not the MD, but we will never do that again, cause Todd about crawled out of his skin because he felt he could have (I'm sure would have) done better. They let a new doctor try her hand at the stitches on his chin--she tried for 5-10 minutes before the other doctor moved her out of the way.. It was sort of stressful, but we survived. We have also been dealing with sick kids all week. Maddie and Tanner have had cold/flu and I was feeling lucky that I hadn't had to clean up any puke...Of course that is just tempting fate..Luke woke up about 30 minutes ago puking in his bed, with a fever. OOhh how I love the flu..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."
President Gordon B. Hinkley
my beautiful children
4 comments:
And that is why I will never have a dog. Great story though, I can picture you telling it. :)
Stacy,
My hubby and I are rolling with laughter. My side hurts! That is the funniest story involving special parts & gravy. Anyway, I am totally freaked out right now. Check out my blog: livingliesik.blogspot.com What a WEIRD coincidence!
Only at your house! That's all I need to say!! :)
Oh man what a nightmare. I did not know Luke got hurt! I bet Todd was freaking out. I can only imagine, if I know how to do something, I have the hardest time watching someone else do it. ESPECIALLY a newbie!. I am impressed you drove all the way up there. If I knew how, I would probably be like, umm lets go visit my dr office (ie the bathroom) and stitch up. Okay I am sure it does not work that way.... but it sounds good! Poor Luke, I hope he feels better soon. Ethan received a card in the mail, I am guessing from your Luke, and he loved it! Thanks!
Post a Comment