Monday, February 11, 2013

Best. Day. Ever.

*Going to school with Sadie where she was featured as the Star student of the class (loved watching her get up in front of her friends and talk about herself and answer questions about herself!)

*Surprise visit from Mom and Sara (drove 5.5 hours to go to a 2 hour lunch with me for my birthday).

*Lunch at Brick Oven Pizza (really ridiculously good.)

*Hair appointment (it has been a long, long time. Those silver highlights had to go!)

*Celebrating Chinese New Year with my 1/2 Chinese kids (orange chicken, pon-pon chicken, wontons, steamed veggies--do not kid yourself--we are totally chinese! Ching Pow!)

*Husband home early from work!

*The sweetest, unexpected text from my teenaged son, who also unloads dishes from dishwasher with a smile and NO COMPLAINT.

*Hearing Luke laugh as he plays basketball with his dad (waited ALL day, and Todd did NOT disappoint!)

*Finding Luke's handwritten record of scoring 135 baskets (this kid is obsessed like no other).

*Reading scriptures (I will never get over hearing my little girls voice "And it tame to pass...")

*No more Tiara on the Bachelor!

*An unexpected visit from a friend with a loaf of homemade bread and honey (I have amazing people in my life!)

*Hot bath.

*Good book.

*Sweet conversation with my college daughter, who needed her momma & so she called her!

*Downtown Abbey.

AND IT'S NOT EVEN MY BIRTHDAY!

{sigh}

I love my life.







4 comments:

Sara said...

great day for me too! i loved it!!! i am so glad you had a great day the day BEFORE your birthday and i hope you have an even better day today! happy birthday sissy!!!

Cam said...

I can't control my eyebrow. I can not control my eyebrow.

I wish I could smile 24/7, but my face would be freakin' tired.

My parents always told me I have a sparkle. Don't let those other girls take your sparkle away.

Cam said...

P.S. Sean's sister's blog:
http://shullfamily.blogspot.com/

jaytee'sbtw said...

LOVE all of it! I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews