We took a trip this weekend to Mom Rasmussen's house, or "Grandma Farm's" as my children call it. It truly is a magically fun place for children and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful place with loving people all around. I love to watch my kids faces as they do the chores with Grandpa, or help Grandma with dinner, or take a hayride with Uncle Matt or dance to the Shrek CD with their cousins. There are thousands of moments in a short weekend and I know that it is one of the best things I can do for them.. keep these family bonds strong.
The video above is a brief look into what types of things we do at the farm. It usually involves my brother Tyler coercing my children to do dangerous or funny things so we can laugh at them. Tanner insists that he can't remember anything about this bullride.. Seriously, my family loves the drama.
My parents live in a small farmhouse that was never intended to shelter 13 roudy Rasmussen children; however, it's coziness is part of it's charm and lends itself to much closeness. We really spend hours just lounging on the couch-talking, eating, laughing, discussing. The kids come in and out and entertain each other and us. It is amazing because alot of the very best times are spontaneous and the kids come up with completely on their own. This weekend the greatest moments were brought to us by the Rasmussen ballroom dancers.
We bundled the children up at some point in the frigid weekend in various assortments of farm chore clothes. Uncle Matt took them on a 4-wheeler tour of the farm. They came back with many stories of peril- the horse tried to kick them, the trailer almost fell into the canal, etc. But all came back with smiles on their faces and all of their limbs! Of course, Grandma had hot chocolate for them. Seriously, she's the best.
2 comments:
I really enjoy living close to a big city, but I also love being able to travel a short distance away to get away from it all. This is awesome! I wish my kids could go to their grandparents' farm! How fun!
come back! it was so fun!!
Post a Comment