Sometimes I feel as if all I do is laundry. It is kind of like the world as we knew it would not exist if I didn't have some form of laundry to do. Some days, I am determined to do it all.. sort it, wash it, dry it, fold it, hang it up, stack it, put it away, call children to have them come put theirs away, iron what needs to be ironed (
ha ha ha.. i don't ever do that!!). On those days when I am feeling bold and strong and a bit crazy, I am an efficient laundry machine, nothing gets in my way. My family eats cold cereal for 2 of their 3 meals and the third meal is old halloween candy (you know that I always have that on hand, Sara). I am committed to my goal and nothing will stop me. I start early and finish late. However,
finish may not be the appropriate word, because as we've established, laundry
never ceases to exist. What typically happens is just as I am doing my "laundry is finished" dance, something stops me mid-leap.
What is that in the previously empty laundry basket? No, it can't be.. it is just my over-tired, over-laundered mind seeing things. I creep closer and yes, it is not a mirage, it is a freakin sock or a towel or someone's nasty underthings. Alas, I am once again defeated by the chore that never ends, the bane of every mother's existence (ESPECIALLY in flu season).
Laundry- a benign enough sounding name- I think it should be more appropriately titled "Eternal Damnation". It seems a bit more fitting, more descriptive. In fact, maybe that is what outer darkness is- you must do all the evil people's laundry (sounds like my life already).
OOpps..the buzzer just beeped- I am off to rotate my next load of eternal damnation.
3 comments:
you should just KNOW....it never ends.
ever.
so true, so true. i get so excited when i think i have all the laundry either finished or in the washer and dryer and then i look down and realize that i haven't changed my clothes from yesterday and they need to be laundered. dang.
I feel your pain. It's especially fun when the kids clean their rooms and you find stuff in the laundry that is still folded and has never been worn (do you remember doing that?) It's awesome when you only have to do laundry one day a week and then it's a max of 3 loads (but then it means there are no more kids at home and you'd do anything to have them there -- including laundry!
Post a Comment