Friday, January 29, 2010

Cute

Today was a crazy busy day, as most of my days are. Sometimes they are a blur and I can't remember what I even did or did not do that particular day. Somedays, there is order. Most days there is chaos and loudness and disorder. Some of the time, I just give in and let me life be difficult. I needed groceries today and would have loved to have gone to the store without my toddlers, but it was not in the cards and I embraced it. As I was putting on shoes and socks and jackets, Sophie (the pig-dog) sat staring at me, with those sad, little eyes. She always wants to go in the car-just like my kids. So instead of putting her in the kennel which seemed like it would take too much energy and I didn't want to see her cry, I decided to let her come to the store with us-NO, I wasn't going to bring her in-she was fine to keep a watch from the car while we shopped. As I was buckling Luke in his carseat, Sophie peered over at him from the 3rd seat.

Luke- (in the most sing-songy voice that a little 4 year old could ever muster) "Oh, hi sweet girl! Are you coming with us? Come on, sweet Sophie, come on! Don't be shy! Come see your Uncle Luke!"

So, it started off cute. Didn't end so cute.

After wrestling my kids for what seemed like 3 hours in the store, I unloaded my basket into the back of the suburban. I just knew that I could control Sophie with one stern "NO!" and I would have no problems with her eating any of my food.

I was right.

She wasn't hungry, she was thirsty. And milk sounded awesome, I guess. Somehow she got the lid off of the milk and I caught her tongue-deep in one of my gallons of milk. Actually, it wasn't my milk. My milk is the skim milk. It was the 2% that is a favorite of my husbands.

Don't freak out! He doesn't read my blog and I wiped it down really good with a wet wipe!

After dinner tonight, I asked Todd if he would like some cake.

Todd- "Cake? We have cake? What kind is it?"
Me- "Spice cake. Maddie made it."
Todd- "Is this the cake right here?" (pointing to the only cake in the entire house)
Me- "Um.. yes. Why?"
Todd- "Well, when I got home from work last night, I was hungry and I thought this was cornbread, so I took a piece and put butter all over it. It was really good"

(Feel my pain. My husband's taste buds are so indiscriminate that he can't tell the difference between cake and bread.)

Me- "Butter does make everything better!"
Todd- "Not cake! That's nasty!"

So I fixed him a glass of yummy 2% milk to wash the spice cake (sans butter) down. He was a happy man. I was a happy lady.

1 comment:

Sara said...

i read this and then had to immediately re-read it to matt. we are both laughing our heads off right now. this experience is sure to bolster todd's immune system.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews