
one of Sadie's puke boxes that is full of crayons.
Why do my kids have to have a million of the same thing?
What would be wrong with a 32 pack of crayons?
Don't know..
Notice the stack of papers.
I can't throw anything away.
My kids actually go through the trash and are distraught
if any of their masterpieces have been thrown away.
Once in awhile, I actually dig to the bottom of my garbage and throw
out some of their papers from 1987 and then shovel
the garbage back on top.
Kill me now.

Crayons and markers
pencils and pens
pages and pages of coloring books and random papers
Legos and lego guys
building blocks by the thousands..
Seriously,
KILL ME!
Since we have been living out of boxes for approximately
2 months, my kids have only had a few toys out..
Why, oh why did I choose to keep the
freakin' Lego's out???
(True story: The last time I had the kids clean up the legos, Tanner went to the
garage and got the snow shovel and shoveled up the legos.. Very smart and efficient)
After a crazy day, I decided to sit down by my children and sort the legos.
I am not sure why I thought that sorting the legos would bring me any sort of happiness or joy.
It didn't, only misery.
I attempted to find all of the little people to put them in a separate container.
As I shoveled through thousands of dollars worth of Legos
I realized 3 things..
1. My kids have WAY too many legos
2. They like to disassemble every lego man they have,
because I didn't find ONE complete man
3. I am completely stupid to try to sort Legos
Did I not have anything better to do?
I kept with this neurotic task for about an hour,
placing heads back on shoulders,
hats on hair,
hair on heads,
arms in shoulder sockets,
pants on waists.
I even put weapons and tools in hands,
and cloaks and life vests on bodies.
My entire family watched me with smirks on their faces.
"What are you thinking, Mom?" (Tanner)
"You do know that what you are doing is completely stupid right?" (Maddie)
"Dad, look at Mom.. she is sorting our legos! Isn't it funny?" (Luke)
After being mocked for trying my hand at being organized,
I gave up.
This is how I left the room, 2 nights ago.
It still looks like this.
Except, already all of my little complete Lego people have been dismembered again.
I may soon dismember my non-lego family...
I am a stupid-head.
P.S.
We closed on our house today!
In exactly 8 days we will be moving to our new house.
I am way excited and plan on using one of the new rooms to
give my lego people a safe and happy home..
2 comments:
i can so relate. i too have tried to sort legos, only they were mom's. knowing that it was futile, i continued anyway. it is kind of like us picking out our gray or coarse hairs. maybe a little obsessive. :)
With age comes wisdom -- no more sorting legos (the heartbreaking part of the job is trying to find the little hands that have been pulled out of the arms). Just keep shoveling them in their tote once a week or so. Love you all! Mom
Post a Comment