Saturday, June 18, 2011

YMAD carwash and Trek

Days like today make me realize that being a mom is NO JOKE! Being a mom to 4 children- 2 teenagers and 2 preschoolers is not only NO JOKE, it is SERIOUS BUSINESS that is only for the very skilled and crazy people.  We had a car wash and bake sale to fundraise for Maddie's YMAD trip.  It was 8 hours of bliss. My poor preschoolers were there from 8:30 until 5:00.  I don't know how we managed, but we did.  

Chilling out watching the girls work at the fundraiser!

She is a pro..

Such a cute girl.
She is in the Ms. Sandy court.
She is a real life Princess so of course, 
Sadie had to have a picture with her.

He is such a trouble-maker.
All day long.. nothing but cuteness ad trouble.
I love him, the little devil!


The girls taking a break.

At 3:00, Tanner was to arrive home from trek.  We were so ready to have him home.


Waiting.. waiting ...
The bus was 45 minutes late!
Agony for both Luke and I!
Sadie stayed at the carwash with Maddie.
Poor Daddy-he had to work.
It is always sad when he has to work on these important days.
Especially such a beautiful day!



Very touching to see all of those white hankies waving in a 
big "welcome home" tribute to our "trekkies"
SO HAPPY TO SEE THOSE BUSES!

Luke said to me..
"Mom, I almost cried when I saw Tanner!"
We all missed him so much.

He had an amazing trek experience.
The first thing he said to me is 
"I miss my trek family already!"
I am SO grateful for the experiences that my 
kids get through inspired church programs.

Luke at 5:38 p.m.

Aloe Vera, anyone?


Obviously, we have virgin white skin that is not used to the sun.
I do own sunscreen, but my children (Tanner and Maddie)
refuse to wear it.  What can a mother do?



2 comments:

kwgirl said...

We had such fun going to the car wash and supporting Maddie and her great cause! The cookies were so YUM! I hope you made a bunch of cash:)

Meagan Pendleton said...

I cannot believe how grown up Tanner and Maddie are. I still remember playing Baby Cheetah with them!!! Haha. Your blog is so cute! Im so glad you are following mine! Your family is beautiful :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews