It feels so awesome to be blogging like everyone else!! I am so cool!! Today was a great day. Busy month is over and we are getting geared up for a crazy holiday season. I am hoping to simplify this year.. to make everything a bit more meaningful and not lose sight of what it is all about. My children are all growing up so fast and I feel like the busier I get, the faster they grow. Maddie, my sweet first born, who I have had to learn on... what a sweet girl she is. I could not handle my life without her. Todd's career is awesome, but it takes alot out of him..time and mental energy.. and Madison is always there to help me. I know I depend on her too much, but it is kind of habit for me now. Raising a teenager is very painful-for everyone involved-but I am trying to learn how to be a more patient mom. Thanks for being patient with me Maddie and for always trying to help me! She is off at a party tonight with her friends. She was busy all this afternoon making caramel apples, chip dip and planning some fun games. She had a party last night also. I hope she always stays close to us even as she spends more and more time with friends and doing different activities (her calender is always full!) She will be trying out for her schools basketball team next week. When she first started playing sports, she was so timid and polite, we wondered if she would ever be able to handle being aggressive. Then her dad coached her one year and that is all it took. We had to go buy her knee pads for basketball because she was always diving on the ground and getting into scraps trying to get the ball. It was awesome. Love to watch my kids learn and grow! She is taking 4 honors courses at school and I believe is getting straight A's (we will soon see) She is already making plans about traveling to far off places to go to college (sad, but awesome too). Soon she will be a real life grown-up!! Craziness...
Tanner is out at his Grandma Rasmussen's this week. He would rather be there with his cousin Cole than anywhere else in the world I think. They are 2 peas in a pod... They love to play Halo and build Lego's and play outside with their pretend weapons. I love that they are so close and that Tanner feels so welcomed at Brett and Jen's home. I am so proud of Tanner. He just finished his 2nd year of tackle football and was starting on his team the last 4 games. He really has a talent and I love to watch him. It reminds me of watching my brothers and boyfriends (past) play. Love football so much. He also received the priesthood this summer and that was even more cool. As much as I love him and watching him on football field, I love sitting in sacrament meeting and watching him pass the sacrament. He takes it so seriously which is totally appropriate. He looks so handsome and grown up in his suit. I love that he gets to be with his extended family in Neola this week, but I am going to miss his help with the babies.. I tell you, it takes a village to raise Sadie and Luke. Sadie loves him so much. She calls to him, "brover, hi brover" Luke loves when Tanner plays with him, although sometimes I don't like it because they tend to get a little too rough and crazy. Luke is at such a fun age right now. He had so much fun trick or treating last night. Both Todd and I got to take him at different times last night. He was dressed up as a golfer--so stinkin cute, I couldn't stop laughing when I first put it on him. He also loved giving candy out at our door. He loves people especially Trevor, Tyson & Stephanie, and his best friend Tanner Dejong. He also loves his Grandma's and Grandpa's. He asks every night if we can put on the calender that we are going to Grandma Farms house. I have to make sure to document the hoops we jump through every night at bedtime. He gets to pick any where from 1-4 books (depending on how late it is and who is tucking him in-Dad won't read more than 1) and we read them and then we sing songs- in this order 1-"You are my sunshine" 2-ABC song 3-Twinkle Twinkle little star 4-Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam (although I have been mixing it up with I am a Child of God). Then he says his prayer which goes like this "Dear Heavenly Fodder thanks for the day please bless it. Heavenly Fodder loves us. Please don't take my sunshine away. I don't know what the next word are..." It is awesome. Then we have to get fresh water and give him a drink and then tuck him and his books in with certain blankets...Wow I am exhausted reliving it. He is a dear sweet child that brings us mounds and mounds of excitement and joy each and every day. He loves his puppies, his new Ford F150, his dad's jeep (although he still says dad should have got the blue instead of the black), camping, playing with matchbox cars, chippies, smarties, grandma popcorn, go diego do, preschool. Luke is a blessing in our lives! Some funny things he has said recently.."I can't mom, my brain is dead" (I had asked him to swallow his food instead of just storing it in his cheeks). "I did yots and yots of poo logs and yots of yittle teeny poos" or "yook at my poo snake" during potty time. "sophie, you are such a good dog" "Have a good sleep in your bed mom"
Sadie-what a girl. She is such a funny child, into everything all the time. She goes from one mess to another. She wakes up in the morning and pounds on her door yelling "Mom!" until I come in and then she says "meth" meaning mess. She always makes a mess-takes all her clothes out of the drawers. I fixed that today though--all of her drawers are empty. Then she says "bum bum" which means change my diaper. As I'm changing her, she says "nassy" (nasty). Then she says "shoe mon" means put my shoes on. Once her shoes are on she says bye bye and she is ready to go. She loves shoes and purses and make up already. SCARY!! Her doctor could not believe how much she is already talking. She loves her Sophie and "Mather" (Masher) . She also loves her bottle and "beenty" (blankie). One of my favorite words is "tee ta tee" which is kitty cat. In the car she'll yell at me "mommy?" I'll say "what sadie" and she'll say "i wayou" (i love you). She is very easy to understand and communicate with. Very smart. I was sad that she didn't get to do any trick or treating last night. She fell asleep really early and I couldn't bring myself to wake her and make her miserable just so I could say she got to trick or treat. She was a cute little pirate.
All in all, we are a very happy healthy family. Todd is surviving the University ER. He (and I) hate his 6 pm to 4 am shift, but we manage just fine. I am sort of enjoying being back to work at TOSH PT department 12 hours a week. I really like everyone I work with and it is a very rewarding job working with the patients.
No comments:
Post a Comment