1. Emptied out the shampoo and soap bottles into the tub. I did say emptied and they were nearly full.
2. Luke decided to pick a 5 inch by 3 inch of paint of our hallway wall. Don't know why (maybe his dad Satan told him to)..
3. In keeping with #1, Sadie took the cap off of the bubble bath and was so proud and walked it thru the house, over CARPET, pouring as she went. I am so glad I invested in a steam-cleaner. Lots and Lots of bubbles are FUN!
4. Luke was sent to his room to pick out an outfit and he un-hung all of his clothes. Super fun.
5. Sadie decided she wanted to go potty on the big girl potty, but MS INDEPENDANT that she is, decided she did not need any help and got "nasties" all over the bathroom and herself.
6. Luke helped himself to 3 pieces of gum at 6:00 a.m. At least he didn't have morning breath when he woke me up.."Mommy, wake up, I'm starving!"
7. Sadie wrote with pen on the computer screen. She can not be stopped. I am serious.
8. Luke de-stuffed his elephant from Build a Bear trying to find the heart. Alas, he did.
I urge any of you to spend 6 hours with my toddlers and not ponder how I am still (somewhat) sane.
However, I also received probably 20 kisses and a few dozen giggles and several belly laughs from the cutest little faces in the whole world. Got to swing with them and watch them slide recklessly down the slides (headfirst of course.. that is how we roll). Took a walk and watched a bunch of ants (Luke wanted to kill them all.. I restrained him). There may be times when my babies seem like little changelings, but I would not trade them for other children (even those children who sit quietly in church with only a hymn book to entertain them in sacrament meeting.. wierd I think). They are sweet little monkeys who are learning how to sit quietly for a prayer (as long as it's short) and who are about 75% proficient in their please and thank you's. Sadie even says, "Tank you mommy weltom" (thank you mommy welcome). They love to cuddle and have me sing, read and tickle their backs. They both are obsessed with bandaids and deny that there has to be blood present to enjoy a good dora bandage. I am exhausted always, but also always so grateful and filled with love for my offspring. I must have agreed to this in heaven (what was a thinking?? kidding) I love being a mom of spirited, curious, non-boring children. (Translation-I am very accepting of the fact that my children are out of control)

7 comments:
Stace, your the best mom ever! I personally think they will either keep you young, or send you to a convalescent home earlier than planned (I know you are too strong to allow the latter to occur)! Although, "nasties" all over the bathroom does not appeal to me, I must admit that I am very jealous of the fact that Sadie (who is a mere one month older than Blake) is at least practicing the whole "potty" thing! I even begin forming a sentence that remotely sounds like "potty" and he is shooting it down with an abrupt, "NO, mama"! Keep the strength and will to continue, sista (seriously, thank goodness for those giggles and smiles)!!
i love it!! those cute little monkeys make me smile! i hope that i can be a fun mom like you and appreciate and laugh at the adventures.
Ok, they are so adorable I want to die.
You are so awesome and completely 100% honest! I have the picture to send you..what is your email girly? email me riley_fred@hotmail.com and I will forward it your way :)
Ha ha! I hope they trash your house right before you leave!! Then you'd have to stay a little longer! Send them my way to play while you get your stuff done! Unless you're afraid of more broken bones!!
They really are so cute - even if they are a bit naughty.
I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way! :)
Post a Comment