Monday, May 11, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY


You know, I always wanted to be a mom. I never aspired to be famous (good thing, I've got no talent) or super-educated or admired by society. I just couldn't wait to be a mom. I think that is probably because I had such a great mom who never let me know how stressful the mom job is. I can't imagine how she did all she did, especially without swearing. I can honestly say I only heard her swear one time my whole life. She was trying to hang curtains and they kept falling down so she said the D word... (I know, potty-mouths are so unattractive). Everynight she tucked us into bed, in fact, she still does when I go home. I have always been so amazed at my mom's natural "mom talent". She lost her own mom when she was only 14. My mom feels like she had extra help from heaven (her mom) helping her in raising us (you know she needed it). I am so glad that I picked my mom and I am so glad that my little ones picked me. It is such a hard job, but so rewarding. Just one hug or one kiss or smile, makes up for all the messes, sassiness, poop, puke, laundry, lost sleep, etc.. I truly love the way my soul feels when I am cuddling one of my children or holding them on my hip. It makes me feel complete. I know that is not what the world would have me feel, but good thing I don't give a D word about what the world thinks. (That was in honor of my potty-mouth mom). Love you mom and love all of you girls out there who are wonderful mothers and who support me in my efforts to mother.

2 comments:

Sara said...

you are such a good mom! isn't it great to be a mom! our mom did make it look easy - "D" her. Love ya!

Vanessa said...

I love your mom too. You are right, she has some serious mom talent. She just mothers everyone, including me and I love her for it! I aspire to be like her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews