Friday, May 1, 2009

"WICKED" NIGHT OUT

wicked_img.jpg


Maddie and I waited a LONG time to see this show.  We originally tried to see it in New York 5 years ago and unfortunately couldn't get tickets.  So when Brooke called me up a few months ago to tell me it was coming and did we want to go, I was soooo excited!  We started our fabulous evening at Olive Garden, which I must say is a new favorite of mine because of one thing and one thing only... (hmmm... note to self, maybe there is a problem when all of your favorite things have to do with eating...)  


3075725.jpg                           


The name is Zeppoli and yes, it is a fried little sweet donut sprinkled with powdered sugar, served with a chocolate dipping sauce.  Served warm.  Let me just say, nothing says good times like a little piece of fried heaven.  Each of us got 2 of the pieces which I believe calculates as 1000 calories each... I actually looked it up online and found the nutritional information... to embarrassed to post it for real.  So our night started off on just the perfect note with our wonderfully health conscious meal.  After our delightful meal, we hoofed it across the street to the Captiol Theater (or Theatre for you snobs) and made it just in time to find our seats in the mezzanine (we like to hang with the common folk).  Very soon the lights dimmed and the show was ON!  Our seats were great and we had no annoying people around us so all was good.  



       Brooke Johnson (cousin) and Sabrina Bell (aunt)                           Maddie and Me


Such a fun show.  I am so amazed by the level of talent some people have.  I mean I have heard beautiful voices in church and other programs, but these Broadway shows have the most incredible voices EVER.  A few of the songs almost made me cry just because of the voice quality... really magical.  One scene in particular was my absolute favorite scene of any show I've seen. 



wicked2.jpg


 The "Popular" scene as performed by Galinda was so funny I DID cry!  Such a great character and cute song.  I am so glad I got to go and that me and Maddie got to experience it together and with my fun relatives.  It is so worth the money if you ever have a chance, go see it!!  



2 comments:

Jenell said...

Jealous, jealous, oh so jealous!!

Becky said...

This was a great show. I went last year in Hollywood. Glad you enjoyed it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews