Monday, June 22, 2009

MY MAN IS....

TIRED.. drove to Knotts Berry (1.5 hours each way) to ride on 3 rides (which probably lasted a total of 90 seconds) and wait in lines for 7.5 hours. A little side note-- it was junior high day at Knotts.. surrounding us on all 4 sides were hormonal, obnoxious 13-15 year olds. So fun...
METROSEXUAL.. This is my man in a MAC makeup chair. Oh yes he did!! Kidding. He just was waiting for Maddie and I. Or should I say waiting for me.

EASILY ANNOYED WHEN DRIVING.. this scary face is the result of me side-seat driving while in our super awesome suzuki rental car in San Diego. Isn't he a bit scary? At least I know what he is going to look like as an old old man.


SPORTY.. my man sure can make a beach cruiser bike look manly. Even if it does have a little basket on front that has a fabulous DKNY purse hanging out of it.



CUTE.. just chillin at Luke's preschool graduation.


MY KIDS HERO! Here is the gang on Father's Day. We had a great breakfast.. made his favorite pancakes in the world (we will just call them "Stacy's healthy pancakes"). Went to church--survived all 3 hours (MIRACLE!!). Church was awesome and our afternoon nap was even more awesome. Then we had a little steak for dinner. Super fun day with a super great dad. I hope you know that even when I swear at you it is because I love you so much.


MY MAN IS...

There are many adjectives I could complete that sentence with. Most are of the friendly nature, but I dare say there are days when I would complete it but saying .."DEAD, if he doesn't snap out of it!" But, really, who am I to judge. Truly, he is a patient and long-suffering man who has occassional moments of senility ("You did not tell me we had a family party tonight!") and momentary loss of vision (garbage can overflowing onto floor of pantry like the leaning tower of Pizza--wrong spelling, I know..I am not a complete moron!--and he stacks a paper plate on it like it is his crowning work of art) and frequent trouble performing simple tasks ( "Stacy, where do we keep the forks?" seriously, he did say that!!). At times he is impossibly impatient (waiting in lines..hates it), but 95% of the time he has the patience of a saint. He is a great dad who is very thoughtful about spending quality time with his kids, even if it's just playing a game of hide-and-seek with the babies and working out with the older kids. I think my kids made a good pick when they were up there in heaven making the "DAD" selection, although, I will have to speak to them later about what could have been wrong with Zac Efron for a dad? Kidding..kidding..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews