Saturday, June 27, 2009

Phew.. I am tired..

Seriously, being a wife and mommy is lots of work.  Can all my mommy friends give me a enthusiastic "AH HUH".  I swear, at the conclusion of most days, I lay my head on my pillow and think "what just happened?"  Most of the time, I couldn't tell you what I did the day before.  I just know I am busy from the moment I wake to the moment I lay me down to sleep (or blog).  I want to put my heels in and slow things down a bit..is that possible with 4 kids and a husband?  I think maybe the wilderness sounds good somedays. Does anyone remember the Wilderness Family TV show?  That was back when ALL TV's had rabbit ears. 

funny-pictures-your-rabbit-ears-no-longer-work.jpg


 That was back in the day when there was only 1 TV in the house and it only had 3 channels.  So the entire family watched shows together.  CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE???  Now we have TV's in every room and in our house the DVR is the most prized possession..  Really what would we do without it??  I am ashamed of the love I have for my DVR.  I feel the kind of reverence for it that I usually only reserve for Diet Coke and dark chocolate.  Kinda funny how I started off this post by inferring that I have NO TIME, but in the course of my ramblings, we conclude that indeed I do have time and it is spent watching TV shows.  Let me just say again how exhausting it is to be me.. I had to roll over and reach a few minutes ago to get the remote then I had to clap my hands twice to shut off my reading light.  


This was the best show ever.  What a nightmare for that mom though.  I think that is why her arms are crossed.  I think she might be little bit bugged.
WildernessFamily1975.jpg
No extras, just the family and nature.  Hmm.. that would involve bears, racoons, outhouses, no running water, no dish network, no jamba juice, no tj maxx, no michael jackson tributes on the radio... oh forget it-- I think I would rather die of exhaustion than have to wear clothes that I had to sew or plow a dang field.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews