Wednesday, June 3, 2009

ZOO-pendous day!


Luke taming the scary spider at the zoo playground


Sadie on the train.. so much fun



Cole, Sadie, Tanner, Emma, Blake, Mia, Maddie and Luke




Cole and Tanner--the best of friends



Luke and Maddie.. also the best of friends..



Sadie and her "favit" , the giraffe

We have been moving for a month. Yes, it is true. Todd and I have basically done it ourselves with Maddie and Tanner's help. Lots of people have offered to help, but I don't think it is necessary to ruin other people's day with a move. So, It has been a slow and painful descent into madness..... So when my sister in law Jen called and said she was "comin to the city" (what us country folks say) to take her kids to the zoo and could they come help with move and maybe crash on the floor..?? I am ashamed to admit I was hesitant to slow down and take time to enjoy some company. That lasted a few minutes and then I recognized a answer to prayer... I needed this break and so did my kids. I decided to meet up with them at the zoo and it was such a great afternoon. (thank you jen and brett, you breathed new life into me). Initially I thought we might melt into the sidewalk.. it was only 80 degrees, but after a long winter and short spring, it felt like 100 degrees. Within a half hour of us being there it cooled down and was so pleasant. You moms know that sometimes ( alot of times), you plan something fun for your kids and it ends up in disaster-- kids are onery, tired, sick or they are fighting or sassy or you forget your camera or you are in a bad mood so everything is tainted. And then every once in awhile, you have a fun day.. AS PLANNED!! After the zoo, we went to one of my favorites, Noodles & Co and then of course I had to take them to Frogurts. It was a really needed break. My little ones enjoyed the zoo so much and have talked about it every since. It was great to get to talk with Jen and Brett.. I admire and love you both so much and adore your children. Thanks again for letting me invite myself to spend the day with you.












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi girly! I'm inviting you to my personal blog too...I suck, I don't think I have done that yet....not that I post all the time, but sometimes :)

Anonymous said...

Oh...the invite will come from woohoo since that is my blogger name...don't delete it...it's not some kind of sick-o inviting you :)

Jenell said...

Stace, your the best! Thank YOU for your hospitality amidst your own stress. I really wish we had been more help, but I realized while reading your blog that maybe what we did do together (pretty much, eat and play) may have been just as helpful as moving boxes...nothing like watching animals in their unnatural habitat to take your mind off a daunting move! We love you guys!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews