Monday, August 10, 2009

THE BEST $130 I EVER SPENT



Look at the enthusiastic thumbs up from Cole

At this point I don't think they understood one word of the instruction. Cole told me he not only forgot how to talk, but he almost forgot how to walk.

Cute little buddies aren't afraid to show their love and concern for each other. For real though, I think Tanner was worried Cole was going to pass out and die before they even did the ride.Grab 'hold and hang on! If only I had a video of the "Post Bungie" swagger..








So I took the kids to Lagoon. I don't care what anybody says.. I can have a great time there. The day was part of an early birthday present for Tanner who will be 13 in a few days. So we took his cousin (and best friend) Cole and Emma today, along with Chantelle, another cousin. I have tried to talk my kids into doing the skycoaster (bungie drop, swing) or the catapult (shoots you in the air at like 400 mph, the most horrendous thing ever). I have done both and I thought it would be very entertaining to see my kids do either or both. So every time we go I put up the old bribe..."I'll give you 50 dollars if you _____________." Today I told both Cole and Tanner that I would pay them both 50 dollars if they would do the swing. Now you must realize that I am not made of money--I NEVER THOUGHT THAT THEY WOULD DO IT!!! I mean, Tanner is the kid who every year we make him cry by forcing him to go on a ride. Last year, he was TICKED and HUMILIATED because he cried in front of Cole's family because I was going to make him do Wicked. The year before that, we made him do the Rocket. The year before that we made him do the Tower of Terror... Just last month, he about messed his shorts going on the roller coaster in Primm. Don't judge me.. he is always glad he has gone on the ride (or he is just ecstatic to be off the ride and alive). Anywho.. I was not going to force them and I only put up the 100 dollars because I knew they wouldn't do it. Well, momma was wrong!!! Here is the video to prove how wrong I was and now I am 100 dollars lighter. (Of course I paid up!)


(Cole was close to having a stress-induced seizure I am sure of it. I don't think in the video you can fully comprehend how scared they were. Some of the pictures capture the absolute shock and terror that they must have been feeling. Why is it that causing young men such fear brings me such happiness and joy?? Hmm.. I may need to be hospitalized and medicated because I think that is called anti-social behaviour...A padded room might be an enjoyable change...)

Video won't load..SORRY JENELL!



2 comments:

Sara said...

i must see the video! hillarious!

Jenell said...

Stace,
Although, I wish you hadn't paid up, I absolutely LOVE the story/pictures!! Thanks for taking such good care of my kiddos (Cole comes home just a little more willing to eat his veggies)! We sure love you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews