
Oh yeah, here it is!! This is what I had for dinner, so yummy!!
If you can't tell, it's diet coke, "muddy buddies" (best invention this century) and fried green tomatoes. Yes, there really is such a thing and I made it at 10:00 p.m. because it sounded good (still premenstrual). My recipe is as follows..
green tomatoe(s)- not tomatillos, unripe tomatoes (mine had just the beginning of pink tinge)
(I sliced mine fairly thin as you can see, but you can slice them thicker)
(I sliced mine fairly thin as you can see, but you can slice them thicker)
corn meal
salt & peppa
parmesan cheese (fresh grated would be super fantastico)
(mix last three ingredients together to dredge tomato in)
heat up olive oil in fry pan.. I did fairly high heat... dip slices of tomato in cornmeal mixture. Fry on each side, maybe 4-5 minutes (until a bit soft) longer if you cut them thicker.
I didn't have any ranch, but I am sure they would be good dipped in ranch. I ate mine with mozzerella cheese, so awesome.
Some other hints that I read about..
You can fry them in bacon grease. Seriously, you could fry an old shoe in bacon grease and it would be fabulous. You can use the dredge of egg, flour too. Go crazy, girls. I think you'll love them. I know I can use new recipes for tomatoes right now.
2 comments:
I try not to be addicted to diet coke at all hours of the day. It doesn't work.
Could not survive without it. I am convinced it will be on tap with pellet ice in the celestial kingdom.. is that bad??
Post a Comment