
This was Sadie Grace's outfit for 1st day of school. Of course, like most women, she couldn't decide what to put on and finally decided on the naked helmet look that is always fashionable.


My sweet, hairy daughter getting prepped for the wax job. Yes, she did know I was taking these pictures and No, I would not ever put them on Facebook. That would be just wrong...

My 10th grader.. (i just threw up in my mouth..) 'Bye my little Maddie Maggoo...

Luke--my little studmuffin going to preschool with his sitting mat.

Tanner had 2 first days of school. The first first day was the fake first day with only 7th graders and only 1/2 day. The second picture is the real first day, which is why he brought out the cool baggy athletic look. The ladies are all about the jocks, you know.

Tanner had 2 first days of school. The first first day was the fake first day with only 7th graders and only 1/2 day. The second picture is the real first day, which is why he brought out the cool baggy athletic look. The ladies are all about the jocks, you know.
Wow.. I am the mother of a high schooler! Not just that, but I am also the mother of a junior higher!! But even better, I am also the mother of a preschooler. Hmm, and do not forget..I still have one at home. Yes, my life is a fantasy land. I just recently realized that when Maddie starts College, Sadie will be starting Kindergarten. Oh how the heavens must laugh at my follies.
I have officially turned into one of those freakish old people who tell everyone they talk to that "life goes so fast" and "they were babies two days ago" and "fiber choice tablets work much better than metamucil"(BY THE WAY, IT IS TRUE). Truly I am astounded that Maddie is starting high school and I get a bit sick to my stomach to realize that in a few short years, she will be gone... I can't take it, I really can't.
I am truly blessed to have the full spectrum of motherhood in my house right now. It does make you appreciate each age a bit more. I look at Sadie and realize that she is my baby and she will be Maddie's age before I know it. I look at Maddie and realize I have to enjoy every second of the next few years because a few weeks ago, she was Sadie's size and learning how to go pee-pee in the big girl potty--now, she's learning to operate a very large automobile! FREAKISH! I look at Luke and know that soon he will be receiving texts from girls and I look at Tanner and remember what a fun little imp he was as we were learning his letters and shapes (he is still fun, I just wouldn't call him an imp anymore..) I could just cry...OK, I am crying. I am a blessed mother and despite all of the chaos that is my life right now, I want to savor each second. I want to smile as I teach my 15 year old how to drive and then come home and giggle when my 2 year old tries to wipe my 3 year old's bum after he poops (really happened.. so so awesome). I laughed out loud for a long time last night as my 15 year old taught my 13 year old the art of courting a girl via texting. I am grateful for this awareness that I have. I hope I can maintain it in the freakishly loud, busy, sleep-deprived days ahead.
THEY ARE WORTH EVERY EFFORT AND I LOVE BEING THEIR MOM.
3 comments:
okay...that is funny. i never thought about you having a high schooler, a junior high student, a preschooler and one at home. what you need now is one in elementary. what cute little monkeys. i love them all so much! i wish i could of been there for maddie telling tanner how to text a girl. i am glad i wasn't there for sadie wiping luke's bum. :)
That's too funny! I also realized that when Kamen graduates High School, Ziff will start Kindergarten the next year!! LOL!!
k--you beat me! i only have high school, jr. high and 4th and 1st graders.
the ride is so great though, hard sometimes, but great!
Post a Comment