But then, about once a year, we have a great family home evening. I know that I will remember this one for a long time. Unfortunately, even though it was family home evening, 1/2 of our children were not in attendance (hmm... what does that tell me...). Tanner and Maddie were both with other family members and so Todd and I decided to do a FHE taylor-made for our toddlers. As you can imagine, it is very hard to do a FHE that toddlers and teenagers find entertaining. I guess that is why we always have the treats at the end--both toddlers and teens love a good sugar rush.
Anywho.. we made a little jaunt to Jamba Juice. FYI-- free kids size smoothies and balloons on Mondays. Super awesome. Next, we went to Chick-Fil-A for the chicken strips (only 5 points on weight watchers...). Our mission was to go to the Oquirrh Mountain temple and teach the babies a little about the temple and then take their pictures in front of our newest temple. We ate our chicken and slurped our juice and talked about how special the temple is. We talked about angel Moroni and how he is waiting for Jesus to come back (Luke always says he is waiting for Heavenly Father to come back and 'why is it taking so yong for him to come?') We talked about the priesthood power and how we can be a family forever. We talked about baptisms for the dead (Sadie.."I too yitto to be batized"). They were so receptive and cooperative and we just had the greatest time. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for these special moments that we are given when we are trying hard to do what is right. And all I can say is "it's about dang time!"

After we ate, we strolled around the temple. It is so beautiful and such a great setting. I am so excited for it to be dedicated this weekend. Luke and Sadie had a great time and I think they may remember their special temple date with mom and dad.



Luke decided that he was going to make cookies for the treat, "all by myself". I told him he could and asked him if he could tell me how he was going to do it.
"I put the stuff on the tray and put it in the oben (oven)."
I asked, "How hot are you going to turn the oven to?"
He said "I'n going to put it on 'swow' (slow)"
"For how long?" I asked.
He said "for 2 minutes"
Me "How will you get them out of the oven by yourself?
Luke "I will put on my gwubs (gloves) and take em out."
Me "well, ok then.."


So Luke made our cookies (ready made dough is the best) and was so proud.
We decided to take the dogs on a walk around the neighborhood to cap off our wonderful evening. We got about 1/2 block and stopped to chat with a few neighbors and stayed talking to them for over and hour. Kids ran around playing with their new friends and had the best time.

We love where the Lord has decided our family needs to be. Prayers are answered!!
2 comments:
cutest post ever.
Oh but I miss you ;)
Post a Comment