
Sadie and Grandpa Rod hiking above Alta

Sadie with some wildflowers
I love where I live for many reasons.
I love the mountains. When we moved back to Salt Lake after having been gone for about 5 years, I could not take my eyes off of them. They truly are magnificent, and I love looking at them everyday and knowing I am just a short car ride away from escaping the city.
I love my family. Both sides. I have a great "birth" family and a loving and fun "in-law" family. My kids enjoy every moment with their cousins and grandparents. I am so glad we made the decision to come back to Zion to be nearer to our loved ones. All 4 of my kids wake up each Sunday and ask "what time are we going to Grandma's?" They don't care what we do, but they just want to be with them. Fun at Grandma Jeannes is usually one or more of the following; talking, laughing, watching "Funniest Home Videos", playing Wii, playing tackle football in the backyard, running thru sprinklers, hiking in the mountains, eating popcorn, swinging on the porch swing, etc. Fun at Grandma Farms is usually one or more of the following; feeding chickens, checking for eggs, riding in the tractor, swimming in the pond, eating, reading, watching disney movies, talking on the front lawn, picking fruit off various fruit trees, riding horses, moving cows, running through the field, riding the 4-wheeler, petting the new puppies, trying to find the new kitties, laughing at the turkeys, picking strawberries, taking a ride up the canyon, etc... My kids are just the luckiest kids on the earth!

Sadie with Grandma Farm at the pond
I love being so close to so many temples. My kids are always pointing the temples out to me as we do our running around the valley. What a wonderful reminder of why we are here and what is important.

I love Fall here in Salt Lake. I can't wait to do some fall hiking with the kids.
1 comment:
it's true! it is a pretty great place. speaking of turkeys, have you looked at my post about our turkey day on my blog. stacy, i think that you will especially like it...video and all. :)
Post a Comment