Daddy Day Care: Part 2
I come home from running a quick errand a couple of days ago. As I walked through my kitchen arms laden with packages, I stumbled over a bowl of water sitting right smack dab in the middle of the highest traffic area of our home.
"Why would they put water in a normal dish for Sophie when her water dish is 4 feet away?"
I asked myself this in my head, as I said a naughty word out loud.
I do what I always do when facing an IDIOCY at my house, I take care of the problem.
You know what that means.
I picked up the bowl and cleaned up the mess.
I know, I am so scary when I am mad.
4.8 seconds later, I hear the pitter-patter of little feet coming full board towards me.
There is also another sound, an unpleasant sound that I have heard on Animal Planet right before a small mammal gets eaten or badly maimed by another much bigger animal.
The high pitched squealing is, of course, my toddlers coming to welcome mother home.
However, now they do not know English because they are playing "puppy and kitty" with their daddy. Apparently "puppy and kitty" is where they pretend to be a very obnoxious pair of pets and Daddy is their owner (hmm... good thinking on his part). "Puppy and Kitty" is right up there with "Roller Coaster", I guess, however until the other day, I didn't know they played this game.
So the very loud (very injured sounding) "puppy and kitty" came into the kitchen and started clawing at my leg. Todd came in and informed me of the game and my part in it ("oohh and aahh" and pet them, I learned).
Then the puppy (Luke) got a very mad face.
"Wher's my watew bowl?" he asked, in English.
Then it hit me.
Of course, Sadie and Luke's water bowl was what I tripped over. How lame of me not to know.
I looked at Todd, then I said as sweetly as possible,
"What the freak?"
He said,
"Oh, honey, it is so cute, you have to see them drink out of their bowl! They love it so much!"
So, I obliged. And then they were hungry for a scooby snack after they had their drink and Todd proceeded to show me how he makes my toddlers beg for food, along with our real dog, Sophie.
This is what it takes to be the favorite parent? I am so not favorite parent material...
My "creative" husband wins that prize for sure.
Thanks for playing with them, honey. They love you, for sure!


Note: cutest crack in the world, again...
5 comments:
Um, totally cracking up.
Oh! Man our kids need to play together more often. This sounds TOO familiar!!
LOL!!
my kids play doggie all the time too. i must saying playing "owner" is quite easy.
my kids like me to roll them tin foil "dog bones" --just watching them "eat them" makes my teeth ache!
Great material, I love your life. My 3 yr old shows crack all the time. What is it flat butt or low pants. She is my kid I don't think it is genetically possible for her to have flat butt.
Aimie M
Thanks for making me laugh out loud every time I read your posts. I have the cutest grandkids in the world! Love to you all!
Post a Comment