A few things I want to remember.
Christmas Eve-
- spending the day with the kids (Todd was saving lives and taking names again)- watching Christmas movies...
- baking..
- cooking..
- cleaning our special "once a year" plates and goblets..
- wrapping presents..
- singing along to our Christmas playlist..
- Todd getting home about 4 hours early (a Christmas miracle!), in time for the traditional opening of the Christmas pajamas.
- Our most special girl Maddie, deciding that Todd and I deserve presents on Christmas Eve too. She bought and wrapped both of us some pajamas. Todd's were the cute Santa boxers and my present was a fabulous new robe-sooo soft and fluffy! She is so thoughtful!
- Maddie reading the Nativity to the kids.
- My favorite pie for dessert-Razzleberry pie and vanilla ice cream with a little whipped cream for good measure!
- Getting into bed by 10:45 p.m.! Whewww!
Christmas Day-
- Getting up at 5:15 a.m. to make homemade cinnamon rolls (my kids are worth it!)
- Getting a text at 7:15 a.m from Maddie "Are you ready yet? Sadie is going crazy!"
- Seeing the looks of excitement on ALL of their faces when they came up the stairs.
- Seeing the look of excitement on my sweet husband's face! He is such a kid at heart and loves Christmas as much as anyone I know!
- All of the favorite gifts were gifts given by Maddie. She spoiled everyone this year.
- Loved surprising Tanner with a new X-Box. Something we told him we would never replace, so he was VERY surprised and excited! I was VERY surprised and excited that we could program a time limit on the game and it would shut off after the limit was reached! YIPPEE!
- Loved surprising all the kids with a family vacation to Phoenix, Arizona over Easter weekend. They don't care where we are going, just think it is cool that they get to stay in a hotel and fly in a plane.
- Our visit at Todd's parents was fun as always. They are so sweet and fun and we always have a good time with them.
- Drove to Mom's house. Couldn't get there fast enough for Sadie so she could be reunited with Oreo, her kitty that lives at Grandma's. You would not believe the relationship that those 2 have. That crazy cat will sit in her lap for hours, giving her hugs and being as content as if she were suckling at her mother's bosom. I swear, it is almost spooky how much they love each other.
- Loved playing me some Spongebob Yahtzee with Matt & Sara. However, I really don't like that he beat me. But, Sara was the real loser....
- The best was all of the hugs and kisses I received from the little Rasmussen hooligans. Man, I love those little beasts!
Drove back home on Monday afternoon after a wonderful visit with my family. I am so blessed to be a part of your lives! You are all such good people and I love you all very much!!


1 comment:
come back! we will play spongebob yahtzee again and this time i won't let you beat me!
Post a Comment