Monday, December 5, 2011

Those days

Do you ever have those days?
You know... one of those days?

Recently I have been having one of those lives.
I don't know what is wrong with me.
Maybe it is SAD- you know, seasonal affective disorder-
a depression that settles on oneself with the coming of cold and darkness and snow.

I don't know.

I just know that these 2 little monkeys keep me going.
What a blessing to be able to care for them-
Love them and kiss them and hug them.
It does lift my heart to look at them playing and happy.






Even in the 20 degree temperature, I feel warm when I look at them.

I love the naughty look on Luke's face as he rams his really expensive toy into
his sister's really expensive toy.

I adore Sadie's choice of pink and black striped socks with her polka dotted dress.

I smile as I watch them play.
Sadie thinks she is so cool.
Luke knows he is awesome.

I am blessed to be a mother of these crazy kids.
I am thankful that I don't have the luxury of laying in my bed all day, depressed.
I am grateful for the joy that these little bundles bring me.






Addendum:
This wonderful Ashby moment came to a close just after I put away my camera.
It ended with Sadie under the front passenger tire of Luke's sweet ride.
I am not kidding.
Joy and bliss and Happy Hanukkah to me.
Back to bed I go.
Don't call me or the authorities- we will all live!





1 comment:

Sara said...

love your little munchkins! don't be SAD. put on those awesome $15 boots that i am so jealous of and come visit. we will go to round robin (not sure that it's open, but we'll break in if it's not.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews