Monday, January 23, 2012

A little dose of drama



I am way too old to be photographed
up close
in a gym
with flourescent lights
by a 4 year old.



Went to TunEx to get an oil change and
my safety and emissions done- 
(I don't know what it is, but Todd said it was necessary).
Todd dropped me off to drive my sweet ride home.
I really do love my car.
So, I waited for just a couple of minutes-
enough time to read a story about
"Mittens" Romney in Time magazine.
Paid the bill.
Grabbed my keys.
Turned on some "Maroon 5".
Backed out.
You can see how far I got.
My wheel fell off.
Oh, yes it did.
My poor sweet little ride.
She had a thorn in her paw.
I actually got out to see 5 lugnut things
rolling around on the ground and
my little ride making a horrible noise.
I swore.
Oh, yes I did.
Then I got some manly help from inside and
called my man to tell me what to do.
Within 15 minutes, thorn in paw was fixed.
Manager's card in hand in case there was permanent paw damage.
And I was off again.
Me and my ride and Maroon 5... happy and healthy.

*Actually feel very fortunate that I wasn't driving down the road much faster. I would have certainly wrecked my awesome car and probably caused someone else to wreck their car. Tender mercy acknowledged!!




Yes.. I look horrible.
Sadie was taking pictures again.
She just happened to take a picture of me after 
receiving some not so pleasant news.
Let's just say, I HATE CANCER!
No, I don't have it.
But someone close does
and I wish I could be the one to take it down.




This is something I need in my life every day.
I need this noise and craziness and laughter.
I need happiness.
This is what will overcome that stupid
cancer
word that I hate.

Life.. 
children.. 
family..
love.. 
faith and hope
will ALWAYS 
overcome.

4 comments:

Jayson & Chelsey said...

You weren't kidding with the title of this post!

Glad YOU and your car are okay.

And yes, cancer SUCKS!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

car - scary!! glad you're okay! cancer - double (or infinite) scary! everything there will be okay. looking up with faith.

Anonymous said...

Here is a GREAT BIG hug!!! Hang in there...I hate the "C" word :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews