Another Post title for this post could be "Looking up"
You shall see...
Ms. Sadie Grace has decided she wants to be the next Mrs. Paula Deen.
Here she is in all of her Food Network glory preparing homemade
Taco Shells for Sunday dinner.
Oh, Yeah!
Homemade by my 4 year old.
She loves to don her apron and whisk her whisk.
The best is when she insists on doing "da edds"
Which if you knew how to speak Sadie, means she crushes "the eggs"
into the cookie mix.
I am mother of the year-AGAIN!
Just smile and go fishing for shells.
She is 'looking up'.
Wants to do what her mom does.
Some days, not such a good thing, but I love that
she finds joy in the kitchen.
(It may come in handy later when I find no joy in the kitchen. Like, on Wednesday.)
Oh yeah!
Looking up.
Picture me.. going to the mail.
Getting this fun statement.
From the hospital that my husband has given nearly 1/2 his life.
This fun bill is reminding us that we owe nearly $1,000 for Tanner's
emergency room visit.
I swear.. (a lot) that I would be freakin' rich if not for my injury-prone family.
Oh, well. I can't think of a thing that I could use that $1,000 on.
Heavenly Father, this 'looking up' is directed at you.
No one got injured during this Sunday afternoon basketball game.
I loved cutest little Luke.
Looking up to his brother and dad.
He is wearing Tanner's old jersey and is hoping to be a bone-crusher
in a couple of years, just like his big bro.
He has his basketball jersey on underneath the football jersey.
And he has his soccer socks on.
Do not even kid yourself-he is a serious jock.
Watch out ladies!
And this Looking up moment is brought to you by that studly jock, Luke.
Luke has decided the past month to be the last one at the dinner table.
Tonight he sat for 1 hour.
1 hour, to eat maybe 10 bites of spaghetti, cheese bread and about 9 kernels of corn.
It is amazing.
He has quite the knack of spreading it all over his plate, and accidently hiding it under his plate.
He has almost mastered his pathetic, "I-can't-believe-I-have-to-eat-this" face.
He is NEVER hungry.
Or, his loose tooth hurts.
Or, he is just too tired.
It is a sad state of affairs at dinner time.
Weaping and wailing... no gnashing of teeth.. which would be good because
we could shove some food in and he could gnash it...
And here it is.
Sophie... looking up...
Both she and Luke have figured out how to get what they want.
Win-win situation for everyone.
Sophie wins by eating a cup of spaghetti that was intended for my
sweet little child's tummy. Luke wins by making me think he ate
the cup of spaghetti and thus everyone is happy.
If she could only jump, her life would be truly complete.





No comments:
Post a Comment