I am hormonal.
Quick Todd-Run and hide!!
I couldn't sleep last night.
Severe anxiety-produced insomnia.
Thought this crazy breakfast idea up at about 4:15 a.m.
We like to call it "Holy Egg Toast".
I thought it would be cute with a bacon mouth and a strawberry nose-
but alas, no bacon or strawberries.
My kids loved it.
They are easily impressed.
So after our Holy Egg Toast and smoothie breakfast,
we decided to hit the slopes.
I must say that I have a love-hate relationship with snow and winter.
I do love to go play in the snow-
skiing,
sledding,
frolicking.
But I HATE with a PASSION the clothing involved.
Especially the clothing for 6 people!
I packed 2 laundry baskets full of winter-wear and one garbage bag
full of gloves and hats.
And of course, the helmets for the little ones.
We also fit in 3 sleds.
Worse than packing for a few hours of sledding is actually
getting people dressed and undressed without
going all Jeffrey Dahmer on my loved ones.
I swear, I think I heard "Help me..."
about 49 times in about 35 seconds from 5 different mouths.
I wanted to rip voice boxes from throats.
I am sorry, but there is just something very aggravating about
dressing kids for a winter activity.
And then.. the best..
"Mom, I have to go potty!"
or another favorite..
"Mom, my feet are itchy!"
or my personal favorite..
"I don't want to play outside anymore" (after a mere 60 seconds in the snow)
We donned our gear.
We took to the mountain.
Gorgeous day. Perfect weather.
We have a special place that we love to go
and it did not disappoint.
The kids loved it.
I loved it.
Worth the pain of dressing and undressing.
Sadie and Luke did not like their special helmets.
I thought Sadie looked like a freaky little alien.
But, I felt better about them doing this dangerous winter activity.
Especially because they were riding down the mountain
with their accident-prone father and their crazy teenaged brother.
I was most certainly too boring.
Do you see the alien at the top of the hill?
She was waiting for her ship to carry her home.
After our fun on the slopes.
We rushed to Ruth's Diner.
Seriously-AWESOME!
You must go sometime.
My kids ate like little piggies
which is always warms my heart.
My Cobb Salad and diet coke
made my day even more perfect.
Came home.
Sadie decided to wash some dishes.
She really washed them.
Rinsed them.
Dried them.
Then decided she wanted to help with dinner.
TEACHING MOMENT!!
I-of course- gave her the most hated job
in our house.
Grating cheese.
I hate it, Maddie hates it, we all hate it.
Sadie learned to hate it, too.
But she did it, like the sister (daughter) wife in training that she is.
I mean, Maddie is leaving soon- I have to find a replacement!
Munched on Tacos and then wrangled the entire family to help work on a project for me.
Let me just say,
I AM A HOARDER.
And you will see evidence of this in a post or two when our project is finished.
HAPPY PRESIDENT'S DAY!
( I will be happy when we have a NEW one! )








3 comments:
What a fun day! Ditto, to the last comment of your post! Love you guys!
What a great day! I can relate to all your complaints about winter activities! Love you all! Mom
looks like fun and misery (the hated clothes)! love little sadie - turning into a little housewife.
Post a Comment