His loss. The tooth fairy's gain.
You parents... have you ever woke up at 6:55 a.m. in a cold sweat remembering you needed to something before your child woke up, only to realize you hadn't done it and that you had approximately 60 seconds to get it done? Oh, yeah.
Rush to the wallet in the dark. (Don't turn on kitchen lights--he might wake up!) Fumble through large bills. Try to find appropriately sized bill (I am not about $5 a tooth). Find it. Send forth a secret plea as I peek in the room. He is stirring! He is rubbing his face! CRAPPPP! Tip toe into the room. Act very fairy-like. I realize I must do it all at once! Lift up corner of pillow, dollar in one hand, and then scoop up the tooth in the other and exclaim "Luke!! The tooth fairy came!!" As he is distracted by the loot, I stuff the other loot in the back of my 'sleepers' (aka, garments). Awesome. I must leave his bedroom, backwards, in shame. BUT! Luke is none the wiser.
It is like I am a magician. I forgetful, half-dressed magician, but a fairy-like magician all the same.
1 comment:
Way to go Luke -- and tooth fairy! You're still a very handsome man! Love you, Grandma
Post a Comment