Top Ten Things I Loved About Ragnar 2012
1. The Honey Buckets-
Is that weird? I don't think anyone who has run a
long race would disagree with Honey Buckets being at the top of the list.
I actually read part of a book in one.
Those Honey Bucket people have figured out the porta-potty and they have my
sincere and utmost thanks and praise.
2. My Vanmates-
Lowanna, Mason, Brett, Kim & Ty-
soo much fun, I love you all!!
Especially, Mason's neon white (is that a color? oh, yes it is!!) legs and his cute tick...
3. Chocolate Milk & Bananas-
best after run snack ever!
Hummus and Pita chips, not so much
4. The scenery-
worth every gallon of sweat
5. Besting my time on each of my legs despite being super old!
6. Seeing a girl from high school that I haven't seen for 20 + years.
We just happened to be showering next to each other at Ragnar...Awkward!!
7. Almost eating a bee on one of my runs.
Bounced of my teeth, kinda freaky
8. MY NEW RAGNAR CAR STICKER!
I have waited for years to feel this cool and popular and now I am!
9. No one in our van having any problems.. no knees, no IT bands, no nothing!
We rocked it out!
I have a theory.. It is because we are farm stock.
Just don't mess with people from Neola, Utah.
10. My sweet family surprising me at the finish line!
Thanks for making the effort to be there for your old momma!
LOWANNA PREPPING MASON TO SHAVE HIS LEGS
WOW, SHE MUST REALLY LOVE HIM..
YES, I KNOW MY BROTHERS ARE CUTE.
THEY ARE ALSO VERY GOOD BOYS.
IT IS BECAUSE I RAISED THEM...
I PRESENT TO YOU..
"NEON WHITE"
KIM, LEG 7
SHE DID AWESOME!
HONEY BUCKETS, I LOVE YOU
AFTER MY FIRST RUN, LEG 8
I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE.
IT WAS LIKE 95 DEGREES.
TYLER, RUNNER 12
HIS FIRST RUN
AT BEAUTIFUL SNOWBASIN.
SLAUGHTERED IT!
BRETT, RUNNER 11
HIS FIRST RUN
STRAIGHT UP THE MOUNTAIN TO SNOWBASIN.
KILLED IT!!
HONEY BUCKETS, NEVER LEAVE ME..
CHEESE!!!
GOTTA LOVE THOSE RASMUSSEN'S!!
AT LEAST I DO!!
I MEAN, I SORT OF HAVE TO!
LOWANNA AND MASON
I SORTOF HAVE TO LOVE YOU TWO ALSO!
(YOU THREE IF I COUNT YOUR TICK!!)
MASON DIGGING IN TO THE INFAMOUS
HUMMUS AND PITA CHIP DISASTER!
TAKEN RIGHT BEFORE MY SECOND LEG.
RUNNING 7 MILES... AT DUSK.
ACTUALLY, A TON OF FUN!
HERE WE ARE AT EXCHANGE 19,
BY FAR THE FUNNEST EXCHANGE.
THIS IS SO I WILL NEVER FORGET HOW HIDEOUS
OUR TEAM SHIRTS WERE.
I HAD TO PAY 20 DOLLARS FOR THAT TANK TOP.
MADE OF COTTON, FROM HOT TOPICS.
SERIOUSLY, KILL ME.
AFTER MY 3RD RUN, STANDING ON RAGNAR HILL.
I AM THANKING HEAVEN THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO RUN UP THIS FREAKIN' MOUNTAIN.
LOVIN' MY RAGNAR TATTOO
WAITING FOR MASON AT THE TOP OF RAGNAR HILL!
HE LIVES!
I HAVE NO PICTURES OF THE FINISH LINE YET.
BUT I HAVE PICTURES OF OUR YUMMY LUNCH AFTER..
WE WENT TO SHABU SHABU IN PARK CITY.
IT WAS VERY DIFFERENT & VERY FUN.
I LOVED THE EXPERIENCE.
LOTS OF VEGGIES AND FRESHLY SLICED PROTEIN,
COOKED IN A POT, RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.
PERFECT!!
SADIE WITH HER UDON NOODLE.
SHE LOVED TO SLURP THEM UP.
MESSY, BUT EFFECTIVE WAY TO GET HER TO EAT!

















4 comments:
I so love you lol. I wish I would have seen you! DAng it all. We were in van 1 so maybe that is why. Love your spin on it ;). I totally agree with the hummus and pita chips (which I LOVE) and Honey Buckets... definitely my very favorite thing (such a welcome site huh?). Ahhhhhhhh babies and age. And running. Makes you need a honey bucket. LOL.
You're all amazing! So fun to see pictures -- makes me proud. Love you, Mom
Thanks for making it such a memorable experience for us! Wouldn't have been the same without any member of Sole Mates Van #2!!!
love to see your pics and read your comments! post more -k-
Post a Comment