Flummoxed.
Annoyed.
Scared.
Angry.
Sad.
Frustrated.
Trying not to let it ruin my day. Trying really hard to move forward. Trying not to be bitter. Trying to get over the fact that more than 1/2 of my beloved country think someone like Mitt Romney is less qualified to be president than our current president (can't say his name.. he is he-who-shall-not-be-named to me.). How are we so divided? How can they think Governor Romney is sexist, racist, homophobic, unqualified, evil? I don't get it.
So.. whatever. I will trust in the higher power. Doesn't matter who is president.. I know who is KING!!
I am soo over this election. I can't imagine how the candidates feel. And their families. I wish the billions spent on this election could have been put to better use.
I keep telling myself that we, as a country are being humbled. We have an opportunity to more fully turn towards our God. I feel the shift this morning. I recognize that no one can direct me or help my family or guide me in the way that I should go, except my Heavenly Father. This event may bring us closer to him-I feel like it will bring me closer to what truly matters. I realize I must educate my kids, prepare my family and home, live in a way that I can provide for those I care about in every way. It is a big load to shoulder, but I know that Heavenly Father will strengthen me as I try to do his will.
One last thing....
I wish I could punch someone in a kidney. Or a family jewel or two. Maybe, hit someone between the eyes with their government-supplied cell phone. I would love to drop kick an able-bodied man who is standing in a welfare line when he could be lined up for an interview. I would love to do a falling elbow to the sternum of Nancy Pelosi and give Harry Reid the biggest wedgie known to man. If I could nipple twist just a few of the liberally-biased media... I think it may help me move forward a little bit quicker. But, alas... I digress from my thoughtful, spiritual rambling. You know that gentility could only last so long. I was bound to revert to myself. Now... to go find someone to kick.
I hate everyone. Again.
2 comments:
Seriously, this election has left me feeling physically ill. I was so sick as I watched results come in from each battleground state. I was hoping that by some miracle I would go to bed, and wake up to different news- like a mistake in the projections! Not too excited about our future here in America. And I hear ya on the welfare. I am glad programs are in place for those who truly need them, but I'm a bit cynical- especially after seeing them so badly abused by students in grad school. I'm Thankful everyday we made the sacrifices to make it without gov assistance.
Saw this post on FB- "Trying to understand exactly what people are cheering FOR. High unemployment? Higher taxes? More expensive healthcare with worse quality? More international ridicule? Higher gas prices? Lower dollar value? What? WTH are you happy about, exactly?"
Ha ha, my feelings exactly. Guess God allows these things to happen so we are humbled and can remember to put him back into our lives.
Oh Stacy, my love -- you're the greatest!
Post a Comment