I am an emotional eater.
I needed something yummy to eat this evening for dinner.
Not only did I have the aftermath of the election on what is left of my mind, but I had a full blown womanly attack. Do you know what I mean? If you have read my blog, you know this is a common theme-known by many names...
1) Grape Jelly Days
2) Monthly Visitor from Hell
3) Shark Week started
4) Red River flowing violently.
5) Uterus Explosion
6) Todd's Nightmare Begins
7) I-am-hemorrhaging-to-death-so-don't-mess-with-me!
8) Our Creator's Funny Funny Joke
9) Purple Popsicle & Maxi Days
10) Satan's Trifecta (from Modern Family..)
Do you know what I mean?
So,...I wake up to a pool of my own blood and Obama is my president. Awesome!
I NEED FRIES! AND NOT JUST ANY FRIES! HOMEMADE FRIES!
So despite my anemia and anger problems, I stood on my feet (cold from lack of blood) for several hours to cut and fry me some fries. And, I don't regret a moment of the effort. Neither does anyone in my family (they probably wouldn't dare tell me if they did...)
Here is the recipe for when you have your own Shark Week attack.
Or if an idiot is leading your country.
Or both. On the same day.
I hate everyone...
Basically like crack cocaine...
Except more fattening.
And legal.
HOMEMADE FRIES..
Potatoes (well, duh!)
Salt
Peanut Oil/Canola Oil
Optional-(be warned, this will make your fries extra extravagent!)
Fry Sauce
Cheese
Sour Cream
Bacon
Wash, but don't you dare peel, your potatoes. Cut them into fry shapes. I like to do my fairly thin so they will be crispy. As you finish cutting the potatoes, place them in cold water to keep them from browning and remove some of the starch. I put mine in a strainer which was then put into a big bowl of water. Then when I was ready to do a batch, I pulled the strainer out of the water, shook of the excess water and then placed it in the oil. Prepare your dutch oven or soup kettle. I did a combination of peanut and canola oil. Do not heat the oil first. Weird, but totally legit!! Place the potatoes in the oil and then heat to boiling on high heat. Boil for around 15 minutes or until your fries are lightly brown and/or crispy. Don't mess with them too much while they are boiling away, or they will fall apart. I let them hang out for 8-10 minutes of boiling before I try to move them around at all. Turn off the heat when the fries are ready. I used tongs to remove them to a paper towel covered plates. I used sea salt sprinkled lightly (ha ha ha!) on the fries.
The batch that we used for dinner was covered with cheese, crumbled bacon and broiled for just a couple of minutes in the oven. Serve with fry sauce and sour cream. If you like onions (we don't), you could add some of those. I am just saying- freakin' awesome!
My uterus and mind have been lulled into a very comfortable coma induced by these delicious morsels.
I am off to workout for about 3 days straight to undo what I have done.
Stupid period and stupid election.

No comments:
Post a Comment