Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

Elf and the Shelf (NOT) continues..
 Christmas Eve is quite possibly the longest day of the year.
I don't believe that the Summer Solstice day is the longest..I don't care what anyone says.
There is no longer DAY than Christmas Eve.
Especially when your husband is working all day.
We were going to go to Temple Square and then swing by for dinner
with dear sweet Todd, but due to the WHITEOUT, we nixed that plan.
GREAT!  I get to entertain my kids, inside, on the LONGEST DAY OF THE YEAR!
Every 30 seconds I was asked one of the following questions:

-When can we open our Eve present?
-Can I open a present tonite?
-Am I being good enough to open a present tonite?
-What time is it?
-Where is Santa right now?
-Can I stay up until midnight?
-When is Dad coming home tonite?
-What are we going to do tonite?
-Can we open more than one present tonite?
-Are you OK, Mommy?
-Mommy, why are you sitting in your closet, behind the clothes?


We decided to pass the time with a little Starbucks hot chocolate (Chocolate=serenity).
Then we went and purchased our favorite- Chile's Chips and Salsa (Salt=calmness).
Following Chile's, we decided we wanted to brave the Christmas Eve
crowds some more, so we went to Scheel's and rode the Ferris Wheel.
Lots of fun with these crazy kids.





Peek-a-boo, we see you!


 Listening not to Christmas tunes..
Our favorite-Taylor Swift 
("22" and "Trouble" and "Stay" sung by my 5 year old makes me happy)!
Sadie has informed me that all she wants for her birthday is
Taylor Swift tickets.
I am thinking about some fundraising events..
Maybe a 5k, or a carwash.
Just sayin'





 After Jenga and a Christmas Movie (Santa Paws 2--snooze fest),
we made pizzas.
Maddie and Sadie made Mrs. Clause.
Tanner made a mess.
Luke laughed as he watched us.





Finally.. Our elf got it right.
I wonder if next year he will just sit on a shelf?


Very Tired...





Daddy got home on Christmas Eve just in time for our traditional Christmas pajamas.
This year, we elders got silly t-shirts and sweats, while the little ones received
Mickey and Minnie Christmas jammies.
  • Maddie's shirt- "Your Face" 3 million dislikes (a nod to facebook)
  • My shirt (Maddie picked it out, she knows me too well..)- "I don't know what I would do without you, but I am pretty sure it's AWESOME"
  • Tanner's shirt- "SWAG" (Because he has a lot of it..)
  • Todd's shirt- "I'm sexy and I know it.." because we all agreed that was perfect for him ;)
Had a fun WHITE Christmas Eve!  Hope all my loved ones and friends did also!





1 comment:

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Ken looks a little naked. He must play dirty. ;o)

Your Elf is truly admirable. I can only hope that our elf next year has have the dedication to cuteness as yours. (I'm in trouble....)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews