Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 3: North Shore Excursion or as I like to call it- "Eating through the North Shore"


We left in good time on Friday morning and headed towards the North Shore.
Of course, you have to stop at the Dole Plantation.
We sampled the Dole Whips with fresh pineapple.
Amazing..


Our attempt at Duck Face..


We live in a pineapple under the sea...


This tree is my favorite.
I always want a picture by it because I love all of the amazing colors on the trunk.
Jodi and I have alot of amazing colors too.
I especially like Jodi's sunburned arm..


Sara... this is for you.
It is no longer on the road.
It is right in the middle of Halewia. 
But it still is heaven!
Everyone loved it.



Following the shrimp, we ATE AGAIN.
This time, at Matsumoto for their famous shaved ice.
Famous because of the addition of the Azuki beans to the bottom of your cup.
I was uninterested in having beans with my ice cream and shaved ice.
However, Jodi and Rod both sampled the beans.
You can see, Rod got something very weird.
His Azuki beans are on top of ice cream and condensed milk.
Interesting. He loved it though.
I think Jodi's review was mixed.





































We also went to a beach, I believe it was Sunset beach, to watch the surfers.
We enjoyed that alot.  Todd was able to use his medical degree to help out an injured surfer who had
hit his heel very hard on some coral as he got slammed off his board by a wave. He was a young man from Germany who was on his "Gap" year. He has been traveling for the last 10-11 months, by himself, all over the world.  He spoke great English and we had a fun conversation with him.
I wish I would have got a picture of him for Maddie. Super cute kid.

Another fun and productive day.  Also quite fattening.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews