SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
I MEAN, FOR REAL.
YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS PLACE!
It was such a beautiful day.
We loved this lookout and hike.
Amazing views.
I love this picture of my husband.
He is having issues.
Very personal issues.
That is why I am sharing them on my blog.
He doesn't read it, so he will NEVER know I shared his personal problems.
Todd's underwear that he wears with this particular swimsuit were wet.
My husband is overly sensitive to wet nether regions.
He is a bit anal.
He is a bit strange, if you ask me.
So.. in the above picture, my husband is trying to shield his privacies
from the prying eyes of my camera because he didn't want to wear his
damp unders.
He was convinced that everyone could see all that there was to see
(not much, to be honest.. teeheehee)
Every time the wind would blow his suit towards is body, he would
look down and either laugh and point (like a 12 year old boy)
or act horrified at what everyone around could so clearly see.. (nothing..)
He is ridiculous.
Somehow I forget this fun fact about my loved one--
Anal and OCD.
Especially at the beach.
Especially when sand gets on him.
Especially when his nether regions are moist.
When we get out of the ocean, there is a 1 hour period where
he is trying to remove EVERY SINGLE piece of sand that is on his gigantic body.
He rinses.
He brushes with a towel.
He fusses and fumes.
He is like watching a dog getting ready to lay down.
Round and around he goes.
It is HILARIOUS!!
He has several changes of clothes and shoes for every expedition to the beach.
It was like I was with Paris Hilton every time we parked the car to go to
or come from a beach.
There was the changing of the shoes and the suit.
There was fussing.
And circling ("Where's my other shoe?" "Have you seen my socks?").
There is fun questions..
"Do you think it would be OK if I left my underwear on the side
mirror to dry while we are gone?'
I have unloaded the car and have completely got set up at
the beach and sunscreened by the time he is ready to face the sand.
Oh how I love him and his mental illness.
Me, on the other hand.
I lay in the sand.
I embrace it's stickiness.
I don't fight it.
There are occasions that I don't even brush the sand off, or rinse my legs (GASP!)
It makes my husband a bit itchy and freaked out to see me, with sand all over.
Hmm... I wonder if that is why I have no problem leaving it on myself?
I am a sick, sick person-for I believe it is...
Another reason to love Oahu is the historical sites.
This is one of the many pillboxes left over from WWII.
This picture is taken from the main, lower lookout point at Makapu'u.
So pretty and you don't have to walk far to get this view.
This pic was taken from one of the pillboxes.
Several of us decided to hike to the Lighthouse view of Makapu'u.
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!
The pic above is Todd and I's selfie with a view of the sea behind us, off a cliff.
(Notice how fresh and clean my husband looks.. not a speck of sand anywhere)
So beautiful. I could have taken pictures all day.
Below is a view of the lighthouse, near the end of the hike.
A view of the cliff and water below near the top of the lookout.
View from the Top of the Hike Lookout.
Soo fun and soo pretty.
In the winter, this is a great place to watch the whales on their journey around the island.
Another selfie, because I can.
I only wish I would have had a big wad of sand on my face to torture my dear spouse.





1 comment:
Poor Todd! Why does he like to go on beach vacations???
Post a Comment