The Pali lookout.
What can I say?
No words can express how beautiful this place is.
It is another must see when you come to Hawaii.
The day we went was clear, and not terribly windy which is fairly rare.
This lookout overlooks the prettiest little town and some of my favorite beaches.
We also visited the Laie temple.
When we went, it was nearly closing time, but we wanted to stop.
I am so glad we did.
The cute sister missionaries and the Visitor's Center couple were so cute.
All the sisters had traditional muumuus on.
That is my kind of uniform.
Send me on a mission to Laie!!
Another absolutely spectacular place to visit is the Byodo Temple in the Garden of the Temple.
Last time I visited Oahu, I don't remember going into the temple, but this time we did.
We gonged the gong.
We looked at Buddha.
We took lots of pictures.
My favorite was the pair of beautiful black swans peacefully swimming in the pond.
I wish we could have spent more time here, but we only allotted ourselves 20 minutes
because of our next adventure had time restrictions that we needed to be wary of.
(stay tuned...)
The temple is actually in a memorial garden.
Yeah.. it's a cemetery.
When I die, I want to be buried here.
When I live, I would like to live here.
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.
Of course, because I am now bilingual, I was drawn to the Chinese section of the cemetery.
Then I realized I was very NOT bilingual, as I do believe this is not Chinese but Japanese.





No comments:
Post a Comment