There are moments that all moms live for... snack time, nap time, Dora the Explorer time, bed time. During one of the above times (snack, to be exact), I was lounging on my couch, catching up on my emails. Sadie was in her high chair, happily munching on her honey roasted peanuts. I heard Luke saying to Sadie, "Here is some more.." Then the sound of all of the peanuts being poured out of the can.. He is so SWEET to help his sister. Then he decided he wanted to share the peanuts with her, and as there were no more in the can, he needed to eat with her off of her high chair tray. Part of my brain was aware that all of this was happening, however, the part that was aware decided nothing was amiss. I heard the stool being slid over to the high chair and then an awful sound as the stool came crashing down on Luke's sweet face. It was instantly bruised and swollen. I feel horrible!! It is on the same side as his stitches side. So sad. But, I guess his first shiner had to come sometime.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
My very own "Dennis the Menace"
There are moments that all moms live for... snack time, nap time, Dora the Explorer time, bed time. During one of the above times (snack, to be exact), I was lounging on my couch, catching up on my emails. Sadie was in her high chair, happily munching on her honey roasted peanuts. I heard Luke saying to Sadie, "Here is some more.." Then the sound of all of the peanuts being poured out of the can.. He is so SWEET to help his sister. Then he decided he wanted to share the peanuts with her, and as there were no more in the can, he needed to eat with her off of her high chair tray. Part of my brain was aware that all of this was happening, however, the part that was aware decided nothing was amiss. I heard the stool being slid over to the high chair and then an awful sound as the stool came crashing down on Luke's sweet face. It was instantly bruised and swollen. I feel horrible!! It is on the same side as his stitches side. So sad. But, I guess his first shiner had to come sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."
President Gordon B. Hinkley
my beautiful children
2 comments:
oh, sweet luke! it makes him look tough.
Oh my! You seem to have a lot of "accidents" at your house! Hmmm... :) It does make him look tough! Just have him say "You should see the other guy!!"
Post a Comment