Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Beautiful May Day














In between the dreary, rainy, chilly days we have experienced lately, we have had a few hours of glorious spring.  This was one of those late May afternoons where "laundry be damned", I had to be outside with the kids.  Yes, they are in pajamas.  Yes, Luke is "packing".  Yes, he is wearing his galoshes (easy on, easy off, easy to clean, and OH so adorable).  Luke was thrilled to be playing with the next door neighbors--older girls are his thing.  They played on the rocks and pretended to shoot passerby's (only the ones we don't like).  The last two pictures are of Luke's response to being told it was time to go in.  Sophie tried to ease his pain by giving him a kiss.  He was having none of it and stomped off to the front stairs to continue his pouting.  I can't really blame him--he had the perfect day going for him- the girls, the gun, the galoshes-and Mom had to ruin it for him.  Sometimes it is hard to be the bad guy.  I am surprised he didn't use his gun to silence me...

2 comments:

Shannon and Cameron said...

You are lucky I don't live by you. I would kidnap your 2 babies.

Sara said...

he is so rasmussen redneck. irrigation boots (or as they are called in the city, "galoshes") and a gun. sounds like he is set.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews