Saturday, May 22, 2010

Karma

So, Maddie loves to bake.  If there is a sweet tooth that needs to be satisfied, we call Maddie. Sadie loves to "help" Maddie with the baking.  They are little dreams, except for the clean-up. Maddie is great at creating, not so good about making the mess disappear.  I tend to follow up after the baking and do the cleaning.  So, the other day Ms. Maddie announced that her and Sadie wanted to bake some cookies.  I believe the first thing I said was "NOOO!" or "The he_ _ you are!" Just kidding, I didn't really swear.  Or maybe I did.  I don't recall.  Then I felt guilty because that was really rude to not let my girls nuture those kitcheny instincts ("Kitcheny"??? I guess the word I am looking for is homemaking skills).  So, I compromised and told Maddie she could make a box of brownies.  Of course I was sure I had solved the problem that so plagues me when my girls bake.  How could there possibly be a mess to clean up with just a box of brownie mix.  Hmmm... Maddie + brownie box + my arrogance = MORE SWEARING.  

"Um.. Mom could you please come help me.  The brownie mix just attacked me."


Can someone tell me what I have done in my life to deserve this?  Actually, I would ask all of you to keep it to yourselves.  My kids read this blog.  

Loves to my two delightful mess-makers.  You are the best princesses a queen could ever want.


1 comment:

Sara said...

i love that little maddie and her messes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews