I am a WOMAN of the EIGHT COW WIVES CLAN!
The other day when Todd was working, I decided I would buy a trampoline. Now, my husband has been against this "buying a trampoline" adventure, however through my wily ways, I had convinced him to get one with a net. The minute my husband even kind of gives in, I have to take advantage and do the thing in which he was once opposed because he may change his mind. After much discussion and kids crying and pleading, he gave in. So, of course, the next day, I searched ksl.com (THE BEST THING EVER) and found a tramp with a net that was only 15 minutes or so away from me. I got a great deal and I was feeling pumped. Todd was at work, which was perfect because I could run get it before he knew what hit him. Then, the terror set in. What if Todd got upset because I bought it? What if he was bugged because he had to spend 8 hours setting it up? What if he changed his mind in the 6 hours that had passed since we had last discussed it? Of course, the only thing left for me to do was to... bring it home and set it up myself so he couldn't change his mind and make me take it back, thus destroying my children's whole entire childhood.
I seriously rock at trampoline set up. Me and Maddie (and a sledge hammer) set up the frame and then I put the mat and pads on by myself. That's right! By myself. And under 8 hours! I did give up when it came to putting up the netting. The last 30 minutes of me setting up the trampoline was literally torture for the kids, they were so excited.
They had so much fun jumping with Tanner. Me, I won't be jumping, unless I have just relieved myself. And even then, I will probably spring a leak. Don't judge me unless you too have pushed 4 children out in to the world.
I am sure Todd was pleased in his heart when he got home from work and saw my feat of mad skills. His face didn't know what to think, but I know his heart was bursting with pride at my accomplishment. He is a saint to deal with me and my fabulousness.
(And YES, Sadie is wearing pajamas again. While it is daytime. She was under the impression that it was a Dora SHIRT and she could not be convinced that they were pajamas.)
2 comments:
hey i hear you on the jumping and giving birth to babies thing! i can't even cough, sneeze or laugh very hard anymore(let alone all 3 together) ...Depends here i come!
bravo on the tramp set up ! i am mightily impressed.
Way to go, Stace!! I too am beaming with pride at your accomplishment... unfortunately, it comes from one who feels successful if she doesn't pass out after climbing the stairs 3 times in a row!! The kids look like they are in heaven!
Post a Comment