Monday, October 3, 2011

Lettuce Wraps



  • Head of Butter lettuce
  • Garlic-Soy Chicken (recipe below)
  • Peanut sauce (recipe below)
  • Assorted veggies diced


Garlic Soy Chicken
1 small onion, sliced (i don't like onion so I substitute dehydrated onion & onion salt/powder)
2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Mix all ingredients and pour over chicken breasts in crock pot.  Cook on low heat 6-8 hours

Peanut Sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
3 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
1 T chili paste with garlic (didn't have so I didn't use)
4 garlic cloves, minced

Can be used as a dipping sauce or poured over the contents of your wrap.

I sauteed diced carrots, zucchini and mushrooms in a saucepan and added to my chicken right before serving.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I may have to try yours. I have a DELICIOUS recipe for these too....I hardly ever make them because I feel like it takes a ton of ingredients...but when I do...I LOVE them!!!

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say hello! Might have to try those wraps. Hey I recognize the girl's picture in the comment above me. Hmmm...Small world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews