Saturday, October 15, 2011

My prayer

My prayer goes something like this..

Please help me not fall off this roller coaster that is my life


Please help me not to have road rage today as I do my 40th errand of the day on the roads of Utah (or in other words, roads of Hell with drivers from Hell- I SWEAR, SATAN WAS TAILGATING ME TODAY!


Please help me to act excited when Luke asks me to read his same dinosaur book for the 19th time in a row


Please bless me to smile when all I want to do is cry


Please strengthen my back as I bend to pick up the nerf gun and bullets that I just picked up and put away 15 minutes ago


Please bless my husband with ALIVENESS so I don't have to be a single parent


Please magnify the strength of my Midol and Aleve as well as the healing properties of my Diet Coke


Please give me strength to deal with not only my hormonal imbalances, but Maddie's and Sadie's as well.


Please forgive me for wanting to crawl in bed, lock my door and watch reruns of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" for an entire day


Please instill in me some understanding as to why teenagers have to be so moody and sullen and help me to smile in the face of their "teen spirit"


Please bless me with some creativity and energy for the sake of my dinner preparations- I think my family is sick of waffles and eggs & bacon and quesadillas


Please help me to be the mother that my kids deserve and the wife that my husband dreams of (unless the wife of his dream looks like Rihanna or acts like Brittney Spears...)

AND..


Thank you for helping me survive the last couple of busy weeks.

AMEN.


We made it through...


  • a trip to Neola without Todd
  • a baptism (loved it!)
  • several birthday parties for Luke 
  • 2 menstrual cycles at the same time
  • Maddie getting a speeding ticket (her 2nd) and losing her car privileges--indefinitely
  • Maddie's senior pictures
  • Tanner going to football, but still not feeling well enough to play
  • Physical therapy conference in Layton (13 hours of pure lecture fun!!)
  • Todd being hit by a stupid drunk person and thus sustaining several thousand dollars damage to his BMW, which I like to call his "mistress" (serves her right for being so sleek and sexy..)
  • Luke and Sadie dentist appointment, where we were informed of Luke's first 2 cavities :(


and many more adventures!

We are blessed beyond measure that we are all alive and happy.  Todd got minor whiplash, but could have been much more hurt.  We are getting to spend more time with Maddie as we run her around to work and different activities.  I keep expecting my life to calm down a bit because I feel like it can't possibly get busier.

I go now to perfect my Relief Society Lesson and start my packing list for our Orlando trip that is in 4 days... But all that will have to wait as I have just been informed that I must go to the store for milk because it is Saturday night and that is when we always run out of milk.  And we always run out of milk on Saturday nights when Todd is not here to go get the milk for me.  And we always discover the absence of milk at about 9 o'clock at night on Saturday night.  (sigh)

Please help me to understand the importance of milk on the Sabbath day and not be bitter that I have to be the provider of that said milk...

AMEN and AMEN.









Oh yes, and thank you for Pinterest...


3 comments:

Mom of 12 said...

Sounds like a fun crazy life!
Sandy

Sara said...

I hope your prayer is answered! Love you!

Anonymous said...

THIS is the girl I know and LOVE!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews