Wednesday, June 20, 2012

SHE IS NOT HER HAIR!!!

Let me be clear.
This was totally her idea.
I was on my way to Cookie Cutters to get her a trim 
when she decided she wanted her hair cut OFF.
I made sure she knew what she was saying.
We talked about it for a few minutes and then I made
an appointment with our favorite crazy hairdresser, 
because I couldn't trust an A-line bob to Cookie Cutters.

She had all day to think about it and change her mind.
NEVER did she waver.
She kept asking how long until we could go to Jodi's to get her hair cut off.
NEVER got upset or nervous.

Beautiful little secure creature.
Man, do I love her!



Ms. Sadie after the cut.
She was so excited.

So... I swear, if any of you out there
spoil this haircut for her by saying something like...
"WHY DID YOU CUT IT?"
OR 
"SHE LOOKED SO CUTE WITH HER LONG HAIR!"
OR 
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???"
OR 
"SHE HAD THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HAIR!"

I will shave you bald in your sleep so you realize that life does go on
even without long hair.

She loves it, I love it!
I am proud of her for deciding to do something
that not everyone would do.

She is a beautiful girl-with long OR short hair.
It will grow.
And when it does, she will have fun with it again.
Braid it, clip it, comb it, trim it (think Dr Seuss..).
And then-if she is anything like me-she will cut it off.

All I can say is..
YOU ROCK THAT A-LINE BOB, SISTER!!



We will be donating 12 inches of beautiful Sadie hair to Locks of Love.
Some darling out there will love Sadie's hair for a long, long time.
So, no worries.
Sadie's hair lives on... and on... and on.


Yes, her haircut is almost identical to mine.
She wanted it like Mommy's.
Which I guess is fine unless I decide to sport a green mohawk or something like that.



4 comments:

Jayson & Chelsey said...

I love it! I think it's way cute!!

Sara said...

so cute sadie girl!!!

Diana said...

At first I screamed, but I absolutely love it! And you are absolutely right -- she is beautiful with or without hair!

Jenell said...

Way to go, Sadie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews