Monday, January 28, 2013

Heeerrreeee's Stacy!!

 Do not kid yourself.
I understand this character more than I should.


I wish this picture of this lady from "The Shining"
looked more like Todd.
It would help with my narrative.
Actually, I think there are enough similarities...






I feel like this winter will never end.
I feel like I am Johnny in "The Shining"
Do you know what I am saying?
I am barely keeping it together.
Can't go outside. EVER.

WHY? You ask?

-39 degrees.
Inversion.
Sleet.
Freezing Rain.
Slide offs.
Broken limbs and lacerated heads from slipping.

Inside. ALWAYS.
All day long.
Trying to keep my children entertained.
Not hard if you have all the i accessories (electronic babysitting wonders).
You know...
i pad
i phone
i hate my life because my children don't have any brain cells left...

I try to be responsible and redirect my children.
I am left a bundle of nerves as I hear,

"I am bored!"
"I am hungry!"

repeated, OVER AND OVER, until my children hear,

"SO HELP ME! I AM GOING TO THROW YOU OUT IN THE FREEZING SLEETING INVERSION ARTIC AIR IF YOU DON'T PIPE DOWN FOR 5 SECONDS!!"

Do not kid yourself.
I am on the verge.
The very edge of insanity.
I am tiptoeing along the line of good and evil...
To demonstrate this, I post a picture of me doing a craft project with my kids, this last Monday.
We did a Martin Luther King Day craft.

I was desperate.
It is an important day to celebrate.
But more than that, it was an important day for my children to have something to do.
I was less celebrating and being a teaching mom, 
more surviving one more day inside with my wee ones.

So I am left to my own survival instincts.
I need a freakin 72 hour kit for my and my children's survival if we are to make it to spring.
What to include?
Sleeping pills
Xanac pills.
Diet coke, pill form or liquid.
Chocolate.
Duct tape.
I don't know, my mind is frozen.



As I have posted before,
one of the ways we pass time and stay sane is to bake.
So here are just a few of the things I have made and then eaten.
I am going to be hefty when I go to swing the axe at the bathroom door.
I consider the scones a carbo load for my chase through the house when I finally
lose the last of my mind.

Homemade BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA



Another favorite past time is Sadie stealing my phone and 
taking multiple pictures of things laying around the house.
For example...

One of the bright spots of the week, was my nephew coming home from his mission.
Elder Egan returned from Chile and we were able to go greet him at the airport.
It was awesome.
He was happy and tan.
That was proof that he had not been in Utah for a couple of years.

 It won't be long until he is pasty and looks like this...



Welcome Home to the coldest Hell imaginable.
We have missed you Elder Egan!

My sweet oldest child came home to hear his report.
We got to do a few moments of shopping.
Maddie and Sadie and Me.
And the ever present Cold Air.
It was awesome.


The best part of my day? Another "Bright spot" emerged..
Par for the course,
Right on time,
28 days to the tee, 
Visiting Teacher from Hell,
Shark Week starts today...


 

Where is my Axe?
My ice pick?






1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, I am so with you! I think I am depressed. I am sitting here in my pajamas...only problem - I put them on 27 hours ago!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews