Took the kids sledding on Saturday.
It felt like an expedition to the North Pole.
There is nothing more irritating than getting snow clothes on.
Finding all the stuff.
Making sure everything fits.
I believe it took me 2 full hours to get them all outfitted and dressed.
Then, of course, they had worked up an appetite.
So they had to eat.
I made them do it in their snow clothes.
With our layers and bundles we escaped into the Arctic air.
And by Arctic air, I mean..
"This is the most ridiculously cold frigid air that I have ever had the displeasure
of feeling on my exposed skin" air...
Holy cold.
It was 12 degrees when we were sledding.
I had to bare my hands to take a few pics and video
and I now have black stumps where my fingers used to be.
(Sacrificed all for THE shot)
We went to 2 different hills in our vicinity.
One, we affectionately call "Death Hill" and the other I have
deemed "Slow Death By Freezing Hill"
"Death Hill" is like the mother of all sledding hills.
It is steep.
It has bumps.
It has a buttress at the end to keep you from careening into the road.
It also has a lot of idiots that frequent it.
I took no pictures at this hill because I was trying to keep my children alive.
Sledding scares me.
I had a near death experience on a sledding hill when I was younger and
it has stayed with me.
"Death hill" has multiple hills and sled paths that all converge
from different directions into one spot.
AWESOME PLAN!!
My kids were oblivious, as usual, and I anxious (par for the course).
After several, "LISTEN TO ME OR WE ARE LEAVING!!"
I decided that I needed a Diet Coke and a little bit less deathy hill.
So the pictures I am posting are from the less deathy hill,
AKA "Slow Death By Freezing Hill"
Sadie almost died on this beautiful day.
You can see in the video above Tanner trying to keep
her from going into the pit,
but to no avail.
She bounces off him and narrowly misses a metal grate
that I didn't know was there.
Tanner did the noble thing.
He dove down into the ravine and sacrificed himself.
Our princess was spared impalement.
Later on in the evening,
Tanner was rewarded for his heroism by
being asked to the Sweethearts Dance.
Kind of fun!
Tanner had to piece together the "evidence" -letters of her name- amongst all of the candy.
We have a fun idea to answer her back.
Stay tuned.
(Yes, I said WE! He needs me!)
These lovely pictures are of Todd removing staples from his 95 year
old grandfather's scalp.
He slipped on the ice a few weeks ago.
He is a tough old bird!
I have done a lot of baking in this foul weather.
Rolls, bread.
Cookies, cakes.
Lots of yummy fattening food.
It really needs to warm up, or I am going to be 200 pounds by the spring thaw!
Todd promised our little man that we would take him out to get him a suit.
What a fun time I had shopping with these two boys.
Luke is so handsome in his new suit.
Looks like a future missionary if you ask me!
(I know, he needs a haircut!)
That is some cuteness right there..






2 comments:
Love it! Luke looks so manly! So glad Sadie is alive!
Miss you crazy Ashbys'!! You really need to come visit us so we can go to Tridell Hill and you can face your fears of your near-death experience :) I can 'smiley face' that comment because I know Lex was with you that day!
Blake just got his first suit, and will be so excited to see Luke's!
Woot, woot...Tan Man!
Post a Comment