Friday, October 30, 2009

A few of my favorite things..

As in my last post, I am a bit hormonal.  Things are bugging me.  I am having one of those "steer clear of mom" days.  Within 20 minutes of waking up, I was already exhausted and wanted to lock myself in my room and jump in bed for a 10 HOUR timeout.  My mom has said to me in the past that if everything and everyone are buggin you then it is probably YOUR problem, not theirs.  I know it is my problem, but I am still bugged.  

Sadie holding 2 of the several chapsticks that no longer have lids because she likes to play with them and lose them.  I don't know where they go... maybe she swallows them?... All I know is I have multiple lip balm, chapsticks, lipsticks with no lids.  And, yes, I still save them.

Sadie standing next to the "leaning tower of the Ashby Family kitchen garbage can."  It is so fun to see how high we can stack our garbage.  I think my family thinks it is a game, kind of like a wierded-out Jenga game or something.  The way to win the game is to make sure you stack and then run, or leave the house when only Mom will be home.  I am always thrilled to open the pantry door and see my tower beckoning me, challenging me, taunting me..."you can't possibly get out of this without a bit of spot cleaning or mopping of the floor--just try to empty me without swearing--you can't do it!!"  It is truly one of the best parts of my day, the time I spend picking up garbage made by my sweet, thoughtful family.  


OK, so I save my dirty dishes.  Usually just my non-dishwasher dishes.  It is stupid.  I know I should just do them as I dirty them.  But, I can't do it.  I must save them until I have several square feet of big pots and pans, muffin tins, popcorn bowls, strainers.  The very stupidest part of my whole procrastination is that I will fill the sink with hot soapy water and start them soaking, and every time I will think "I will get to them in a few minutes.. they need to soak."  99% of the time, I don't return for several days... Then, I get to fish them out of cold water and by then I have made a few more dishes to wash and then I refill the sink to let them soak some more and then I start something else I like more.  It is a problem.  I am going to work on it, because I really am bugged by my stack of dishes.  Maybe I should just stop cooking and baking for my family.  That would help.  I would consider it, but I like to eat the stuff as much as they do.  ONCE AGAIN--YE WITHOUT SIN...

So I could've continued with taking photos of the things that bugged me today, but I decided I would just save everybody the misery and get back in bed.  Maybe I will wake up tomorrow to chapstick lids, no garbage and no dirty dishes.  Hmmm.. come to think about it.. that doesn't sound very fun and actually makes me a bit sad.  I guess I'll hang in there because even though it is chaotic and exhausting, I love my family and our gigantic carbon footprint.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews