Saturday, December 11, 2010

My idols

Couldn't ask for a better example of WEDDED BLISS than that of my in-laws.

We had their 50th Wedding Anniversary Party last night and it was so much fun to surprise them and dedicate a night to them and their sweet love for one another.

I appreciate my sisters-in-law for all of the work they did-it was a fun (sometimes stressful) project, but they are all such hard-working, creative women that it came off PERFECT and I loved being a part of it.

Love ya MOM and DAD ASHBY!

Arriving at the church BLINDFOLDED.
They thought they were going to a very fancy smancy restaurant for dinner
with all of us adult kids.
Little did they know they were being escorted to a church for some homemade soup, rolls & salad with 100 other people.



GOTCHA!!

I love this picture because all of the "kids" are in it..
Todd, Lori, Kelly & Jodi with Rod and Jeanne.
Although all you see is Rod's magnificent head of hair.

The Robinson sisters-love them all.

The granddaughters- minus Sadie, Zany & Kelly's girls.
It is the teen granddaughter picture.

Proof that estrogen is beautiful

The grandsons.. minus Luke.

Sharon and Gary - LIFELONG best friends.

More Sharon and Gary.


The Goudies

The wedding cake

The Egans

Carl


Joanne

Great friends to Rod and Jeanne


Little people, Big world..

I smell teen spirit..

My sister-in-law who had to endure 2 back surgeries recently.
She was so cute and helped as much as she could from this reclined position.
She actually did more than I did, I am sure..
Typical Ashby--she outworked me even while lying down.


This is the girls trying to flare their nostrils.

This is their fierce look OR
Maddie's "everyday" look.
KIDDING MADDIE!!

Dawn-so talented!!-read a poem that she wrote for Jeanne and Rod

We were able to give them the reception they never had!

Program consisted of:

Dawn reading her poem

Grandkids singing song "That's Crazy"

Todd and I reading out of Rod and Jeanne's yearbook, messages
that they wrote to each other in high school

A 45 minute video with featuring NEVER BEFORE SEEN BY ROD AND JEANNE
video of their actual wedding ceremony and pictures and family interviews.

The Robinsons reunite! The sisters sang "I Came To Your Wedding".

Rod and Jeanne each read a love letter to each other.

Renewal of vows JODI STYLE. Done in Dr Suess style-very cute & creative.

Exchanged rings that Lori provided.

Rod and Jeanne dancing to their song..


I don't think Jeanne stopped smiling the entire night--
Rod, however, was quite teary all night.

LOVE YOU GUYS



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews